I need someone who has theoretical experience to tell me a few topics to study and the order to study them in to really give me a good understanding of what I'm doing. I have the complete idiots guide to guitar and it is just completely retarded to me. Maybe I'm the retarded one but the book is just hard to understand. I just don't trust my approach to it. I need someone that has really picked through things and know what they're to help me get to the important things that will really help me excell. A few good answers might get me on the right path.
Plenty of experts on these forums.
Ask away
Guitars
Fender MIM Strat (Modded)
Tokai Love Rock
Squier Strat (Modded)

Effects
Boss DS-1, DD-7, RC-20XL
EHX Big Muff, Electric Mistress
Digitech Whammy

Amps
Vox VT50
Orange Rockerverb 50
I'm by no means an expert, and I haven't read that book, but if you'd like, feel free to PM, tell me the topic you are studying and your doubts, I'll try and help

You could also look for Sean, he offers mentoring services, both paid and free I think
Quote by Xiaoxi
The Byzantine scale was useful until the Ottoman scale came around and totally annihilated it.
If you want some Skype lessons, PM me some info you want, and we can talk it out.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
I would say:
1.) Rhythm
2.) Intervals

And everything that falls under the interval tree: scales, melody, harmony, chords, and such. It also depends on your experience/skill level. If you are an experienced guitarist looking to apply some advanced music theory to your playing, you'll want to study more advanced things. But if you are a beginner learning guitar, I wouldn't worry too much about music theory at all. You'll basically just want to learn chords and basic music theory
Gear:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Fender Fat Strat (MIM)
Fender Classic Player's 60's Strat
Archer SS-90
Alvarez PD90S Acoustic
The Complete Idiot's guide is written by Fredric Noad I think. He usually explains very well. For a humorous expedition the Dummies one is written by Jon Chappell... both are decent. Fair enough that Noad is more classically trained. Seeing as I haven't gone through it in a while, maybe his terminology is still traditional.

Anyway... plenty of guys here to help you... post your questions.