I own a montana classical guitar and the high e string just wont tune. When I would tune it, the string would pop out from the bridge, but it doesn't do this anymore. What happens is, whenever I would be close to tuning it, (on the guitar tuner the pitch would be "C") it makes the weird pop sound and flatten down to an "A" this is really frustrating
help D: the tuner I am using is a korg clip on.
if it popped up from the bridge, i'd suspect a too small peg. if it goes ping, chances are your nut slot is a little too tight, so it holds onto the string till the tension forces the string through suddenly. try some pencil lead in it or have a luthier check it - and probably widen the slot just a tiny bit.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Last edited by patticake at Mar 2, 2012,
It sounds like you aren't tying or securing it correctly at the tuning peg. The nylon is more slippery than steel and when put under enough tension will slip sometimes. Try tying it and try again.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Haha I got it, I changed the way I tied the string to the tuning peg to the "U" shape and wala fixed it like new
Quote by Smilyface400
Haha I got it, I changed the way I tied the string to the tuning peg to the "U" shape and wala fixed it like new

Yeah, used to happen to me all the time before I started typing my nylons.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712