Page 1 of 2
Many entered. Few survived.

The Death Panels - White America Sux
by: due 07
Genre: Lo-fi Acoustic Swag Pop

---------------------------------------

The Invertabrats & Best Kept Secret - I'm Looking Forward to Looking Back (The Invertabrats​/​Best Kept Secret split EP)
by: rockfan7 (he did a split with himself )
Genre: Punk, Pop Punk, Hardcore

Tresceneti - Orchestrated Synthesis
by: Gaiad
Genre: Electronic, Classical, Experimental

-no album cover submitted-
Esosome - Think Loudly Speak Softly EP
by: Tv-Casuality
Genre: "An experimental EP that represents an eclectic mix of genres"

Frostbite - Hole in the Sky (UG EP Version)
by: FlyingPirahna
Genre: Chiptune

Congratulations to those of you who participated and completed it, you've got a solid, complete work that you can share and be proud of. There will be more opportunities for this, as many of us have decided that we'll be doing a month long album challenge more frequently. Again, congrats to all of you. This was no easy undertaking, as many of us have discovered.

If I missed you, or didn't put up your work, it means that you never sent me a PM, or I'm just a really bad person. So post in here or send me a PM if you completed the challenge but your work isn't up here, and let me know if I've displayed anything in here incorrectly.
Last edited by aCloudConnected at Mar 3, 2012,
Congratulations. I will listen to all of these over the weekend.

I hate to talk about myself again, but I'm sorry I didn't complete my album

Edit: I'm listening to due's album right now, and you were all right. I thought way too hard about my album.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Mar 3, 2012,
Ya I'll listen to all of these and provide a scathing critique of each by the end of the weekend. I lol'd at the self-split.
I feel like I'm listening to the Beach Boys through a crystal radio while Brian Wilson tries to sing as a coconut is being shoved down his throat.

Good job, due.
I'll listen to due's but it has nothing to do with the cover or anything.

>>
---

<<
___
جورجيا الاباحى؟ أيها
Quote by MakinLattes
I feel like I'm listening to the Beach Boys through a crystal radio while Brian Wilson tries to sing as a coconut is being shoved down his throat.

I'm flattered. <3

Think Loudly Speak Softly is pretty swag. At first I was like, "k, i don't see how this is experiemental but w/e," then it got a bit quirky as it progressed. I liked the arrangements though. Nifty.

@rockfan, "Stumble" is a banger.
Due's stuff reminds me a bit of Wavves, if that kid was even higher than normal and only had access to a webcam microphone.
Quote by aCloudConnected
Due, yours kicks so much ass. No fucks were given, it's so rad.

Agreed. That's the best based track I've ever heard. The "I know I'm abrasive..." part is so catchy. I also like some of those guitar riffs/progressions you used.

I already listened to yours, rockfan, when it was first released. I like it, but I don't get why you did the self split.

I quite liked yours as well, Gaiad. There's some awesome melodies in there. I'm interested in hearing it as intended (you said this was an alternative version of sorts), and I think that version would be much better.

I will comment on the rest later.
Quote by FlyingPirahna
Due's stuff reminds me a bit of Wavves, if that kid was even higher than normal and only had access to a webcam microphone.

My thoughts exactly.
I'm not gunna lie, Count Swagula might be the best song ever written.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
When did this happen? If I would have known about it, I would have totally contributed.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I did a split with my self because I bend "Best Kept Secret"'s genre around to much and so now I'm going to seperate the more punk stuff into one band and the post-rock/poppier stuff into Best Kept Secret. Cause I can never make an album because everything doesn't fit together so now I have to because now I have categories
Last edited by rockfan7 at Mar 3, 2012,
Quote by FlyingPirahna

Yep that sounds like due alright.

thx 4 the kind wrds guys :3

Quote by rockfan
I did a split with my self because I bend "Best Kept Secret"'s genre around to much and so now I'm going to seperate the more punk stuff into one band and the post-rock/poppier stuff into Best Kept Secret. Cause I can never make an album because everything doesn't fit together so now I have to because now I have categories

great stuff dudes, good to see some people finished
so far I've listened to due's and the majority of rockfan's

due yours is hilarious. i lost it during 'is death panels a real band?'. count swagula was great too, digging the cranberries reference at the end, lol. overall i love the playful vibe of yours

to rockfan, i like the idea of doing a split with yourself, cool idea. your album is very well done, especially the vocal parts. tons of emotion there and its convincing. i prefer your best kept secret stuff to the invertabrats material i think, i just like the vocal style more. memories was the highlight for me. good tunes

ill listen to some more after i get back from work this afternoon
Quote by due 07

That too...

I actually think the idea of doing a UG Split challenge would be a cool idea, you find a user and work with them on one. That way it's more cooperative so we get more submissions because

And that's really weird TV-Casuallity because I REALLY did not like that song because I accidently recorded it 30 BPM faster then I played it so I thought it sounded stupid but I didn't have time to record much else so I put it on Weird.
The UG Split thing is a good idea imo, I'd be down hard.

And ftr I think the self-split is actually a pretty neat idea, I might steal it.
Do you want me to make a thread in April? It's already March 3rd and I'm exhausted from this I think we could get a good response since some splits are only 1/2 songs

And ha way to make fun of me then steal it

Rockedit: god dammit TV-Casuality why do you have to own everyone?
Good job guys, gonna share your bandcamp pages on fb so hopefully more people hear your albums.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
@Due

Holy crap, 'Count Swagula' is amazing.

I love the whole attitude of your album, Due. It's really good stuff. I really enjoyed the vocals and brief guitar solo in 'Excedrin PM is the Jumps, Kid'. It's a shame it's all so short, I would love to hear more. Great job.

@Rockfan7

I really love 'Cards' the change-up at around 2:50 was awesome. The opening to Stumble was great, gets me feeling pumped and ready to kick some ass.

Memories reminds me of The Pink Spiders. Which is definitely a good thing. Very catchy song, great guitar line to go with it, and I especially loved all the snare being used.

And the Regina Spektor cover is simply amazing, great way to end the whole EP. Your singing was great on this track.

@TvCasualty

I think I made it quite clear I thoroughly enjoyed what you shared in the other thread. Everything sounds so much nicer altogether now though. It's so remarkable and clean. I'm not even sure what to say, it's hard to fault anything. 'The Steps They Know' is by far my favorite track. That guitar solo is mystifying, it really tugs at me. And the piano it all ends with, superb.

And then it fades into 'In This World' with what sounds like a very pirate-esque sounding intro. This track started to blow my mind when all the vocal harmonies came in.

Great stuff and a great job.

@FlyingPirahna

Glad to see you went through with putting this in. The music is great, I know this is an alternate version much like mine is. I hope to someday hear the real thing.

'A Message Fired from the Heavens' is still an epic track from the first time I heard it. My favorite part is definitely the echo end and that little guitar that solos on its own briefly.

I feel it transitioned really nicely into the next track 'Random Values'. I really like the melodies going on around 3:20 in this song. It's a great track. The ending is also quite awesome.

The next track starts out quiet, but over time grows louder and louder. I liked that aspect of it. The melodies starting around 1:20 are really sort of melancholic, they're nice to hear.

Interlude is sort of jazz-ish, it's a nice quiet way to end the album.

Good work.

Quote by slipknot5678
I quite liked yours as well, Gaiad. There's some awesome melodies in there. I'm interested in hearing it as intended (you said this was an alternative version of sorts), and I think that version would be much better.

Thank you!

And yeah, I switched out the majority of the intended instruments to be played on this to get something released. I hope to get the actual thing recorded at some point, no estimate on it yet though.
Check out my lyrics! (C4C)

Critical Condition
Tombstone

Quote by SteveHouse
That's actually the point of this. Tell your inner editor to shut the fock up and just write.
Last edited by Gaiad at Mar 3, 2012,
Quote by due 07
The UG Split thing is a good idea imo, I'd be down hard.

You and I should do a split. Like a complete satire album, with maybe a few serious songs thrown in. You seem pretty good at joke songs, an my generic pseudo-epic compositions would fit perfectly.

I've also been recording today, I'll try to PM you tonight. You'll see what I mean by generic pseudo-epic songs.
Due, Count Swagula is an absolute masterpiece. It is pure musical genious
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Ooo, I meant to ask about that too. Send me a PM too, slipknot.

Also, what'd you guys think of Flyingpirahna/Frostbite's tracks?

Critical Condition
Tombstone

Quote by SteveHouse
That's actually the point of this. Tell your inner editor to shut the fock up and just write.
Quote by caeser1156

+1
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
Quote by Weaponized
Need tabs for all these albums please :T

If Tuxguitar files are an acceptable format, that can be arranged for mine.

Critical Condition
Tombstone

Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by Gaiad
If Tuxguitar files are an acceptable format, that can be arranged for mine.

Same here.

EDIT: At least finish listening to one song all the way through, I have twice as many skips as plays.
Last edited by FlyingPirahna at Mar 3, 2012,
I like the idea of a Split/Collab Album Challenge. Sounds like it'd be sort of difficult to mesh two styles together to get one coherent album out of it. But I guess that's the 'challenge' of it.

Quote by Ostinattos
Good job guys, gonna share your bandcamp pages on fb so hopefully more people hear your albums.

Thank you.

Critical Condition
Tombstone

Quote by SteveHouse
I think a lot of people share interest so there'd be enough people working in the same style to make it work, the real trouble would be making the same production level.
Is Death Panels a real band!?

Your voice reminds me of the guy from They Might Be Giants.
digging the spacey, relaxed atmosphere of orchestrated synthesis, gaiad. i like the driving beat you have going on in Descent, and it flows very nicely into 'a long day' which is my favorite track of your album. very pretty piano part, and the swelling strings are great and actually very expressive. did you play the parts on a keyboard or is this just programmed midi? i like the ideas you have here a lot

@FlyingPirahna
I like random values quite a bit. the intro is like how death metal would sound in super mario world, love it. the section around 1:30 is also very pretty. i was really glad when you brought it back at the end
out of curiosity, what program do you use to do this kind of thing?
Quote by slipknot5678
You and I should do a split. Like a complete satire album, with maybe a few serious songs thrown in. You seem pretty good at joke songs, an my generic pseudo-epic compositions would fit perfectly.

Awww ya. I'm game 4 dat.

Quote by caeser1156

d'awww

Quote by blake1221
Yeah, Zach ****ing killed it.

ily <3

Quote by whoomit
Is Death Panels a real band!?

Is this a real inquiry?! Cuz I don't wanna answer it and look like a dick if it's not. :|

Your voice reminds me of the guy from They Might Be Giants.

Are they that Malcolm in the Middle Band? I'm a fan of that program.
Page 1 of 2