Hello,

In my town, there really is no place for rock or metal bands and all the gigs contain only I guess pop, acoustic and reggae bands(I think they paraphrase no "loud" music when we tried to register)

I know some people who might want a gig for rock and metal only so I guess I want to plan one since no one wants to let us perform.

What do I need to know about this? I asked some bands and thought it might be a great idea and would try to pull the weight to bring people to watch them.
What kind of ****in venues are those? I know there are ones around here that are more geared toward rock music as opposed to br00tal metal or something...but is it an issue of their preference or a limitation of their sound system? You need a lot more power to be able to get adequately monitor & put a loud-ass rock band through the house.

Most venues don't give a shit what you play as long as you can bring people to the venue. How hard have you looked?
Quote by chronowarp
What kind of ****in venues are those? I know there are ones around here that are more geared toward rock music as opposed to br00tal metal or something...but is it an issue of their preference or a limitation of their sound system? You need a lot more power to be able to get adequately monitor & put a loud-ass rock band through the house.

Most venues don't give a shit what you play as long as you can bring people to the venue. How hard have you looked?

Well they have professional quality sound systems(not really sure about the brand but It sounded good when I was watching in those venues) so that's not the problem.

I think they just don't like the genre or something so that's why they won't let us play.

So I'll just try to plan a gig for us. But I want to plan it properly . My band plays melodic death metal by the way and some of the other bands play old school thrash metal, prog metal and just plain rock and roll.

It's kinda limiting for us to just play pop and reggae and quite frankly, It gets boring haha
If you can get a good set of bands (3-4) to agree to play a gig, then try pitching it at any number of venues in your area...Venues typically love if you've organized something for them - so they don't have to do the work.
Quote by chronowarp
If you can get a good set of bands (3-4) to agree to play a gig, then try pitching it at any number of venues in your area...Venues typically love if you've organized something for them - so they don't have to do the work.

Thanks , I'll try to work out something, Hopefully they don't care about the genre and care more about their impending profit.