So, I've been camping a lot, probably 2/3 times a year since I was ten, not camper vans or anything, trekking along for miles and camping up. I've just started doing regular hiking, once a week, got some really good trails round here. I'm also going trekking in Cambodia soon, which should be cool.

Also just picked up some gear. Some boots ('vertical heights', nothing special, $50) and a pair of lightweight trousers ($60). Slowly picking up gear, little things like head lamps, good thick socks, bandanna, shirts etc.

So, anyone else hike or camp? Would be cool to share some stories.
Yeah I used to always go. Australia is a brilliant place for it. A couple of 100Kms from where I live there are these awesome rocks. There about 3kms by 3Kms and about 1km high. They each have a few massive water holes, hundreds of meters in size and about 4 meters deep. The water holes where made for the old wood rail lines. There are snakes, lizards, kangaroos and donkeys everywhere. Best spots ever!
I've been backpacking with my dad since I was ~2 years old, mostly in the Sierra Nevada mountains in California. It really is an amazing place, and getting away from the touristy areas makes it 100 times better.
I did a 250km trek in portugal/spain last summer. I'm currently planning my 1000km in france/spain. Can't wait! Just hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew.. But I can at least take as long as I need.
I'm from the boring area of England, so I don't get to go as much as I would like. Been up to the peaks a few times and Brecon beacons in wales, both of which are beautiful areas of the world
Well i don't do it much but there are some sweet trails up here in northern BC. In the winter it's the best when there's lots of snow.
This sig will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

Hot e-cousin of girlgerms007

I love Tracie.

Soundcloud
Quote by samick007
I've been backpacking with my dad since I was ~2 years old, mostly in the Sierra Nevada mountains in California. It really is an amazing place, and getting away from the touristy areas makes it 100 times better.

I grew up in the Sierra Nevada man. All the way out of the touristy areas. Right before I came to college I calculated that I'd spent a full year of my life living in tents, from bike touring and hiking. Where were you in the Sierra? I mostly hiked out of Bishop.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Quote by kaptkegan
I grew up in the Sierra Nevada man. All the way out of the touristy areas. Right before I came to college I calculated that I'd spent a full year of my life living in tents, from bike touring and hiking. Where were you in the Sierra? I mostly hiked out of Bishop.

We go on a trip almost every summer, usually starting somewhere on the east side or in Yosemite. The most notable trips were a 6 day trip starting from Cottonwood Pass and going north up the back of Mt Whitney and back, and a 5 day loop over Kearsarge pass and Junction pass. I'm hoping to be able to hike the entire JMT over the 2013 summer as well, but we'll see how it goes.
Be careful in Cambodia the place is littered with mines. First thing you'll notice is the amount of peope missing limbs.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
1. Friends
2.Magic Mushrooms
3.Beer
4.Weed
5.Hotdogs
6. Axe
7. Lighter Fluid
8.Tent
9.Hamburger buns without burgers
10.If you dont agree with that list for camping youre retarded
Quote by samick007
We go on a trip almost every summer, usually starting somewhere on the east side or in Yosemite. The most notable trips were a 6 day trip starting from Cottonwood Pass and going north up the back of Mt Whitney and back, and a 5 day loop over Kearsarge pass and Junction pass. I'm hoping to be able to hike the entire JMT over the 2013 summer as well, but we'll see how it goes.

Sick. I really like the area in behind Whitney a lot. I've volunteered on a couple Forest Service trips back there (turned it into a science project). And JMT is totally doable. A few of my friends have done it before. Just plan well and you'll be fine.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Quote by Powersurge213
I'm from the boring area of England, so I don't get to go as much as I would like. Been up to the peaks a few times and Brecon beacons in wales, both of which are beautiful areas of the world

Brecon? Cool i used to live not far from there. Kington.