So I've been looking to get a new guitar and I came across a Martin dx2k.. It's only $400 and the sticker inside says its made in the USA! This seems almost too good to be true! It plays awesome but I'm just worried that I'm going to get hosed in this deal. For such a price for a USA Martin it seems almost too good to be true!

Dow anyone have any info to back this up that this model was made in the USA all others in the price range say made in Mexico
don't think it matters where it's made if you like how it sounds and plays, so can't see how you could get hosed. is it new old stock or used? the current ones are made in mexico, maybe the older ones were made in us. there's one currently selling new at a place called fred's guitars for around $499. the back and sides are basically pressed wood chips with a picture of koa glued on top, but nevertheless the martin x series delivers more bass than a lot of the competition and pretty good tone.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
My dads side of the family is from the nazereth pa area that's why I'd really like a USA one!
ah. well, why not contact martin with the serial number and ask them. if it says u.s. on an actual martin label, though, i expect it is made in the u.s.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!