Page 1 of 2
Black/White.
Some of the new pokemon are good, most are shit. However, the battle style is great and the gameplay is addicting.
Why is this better than the others you mentioned? It has the best story in any of the games yet, which certainly makes up for the crappier pokemon.

To me the best games in the series are gold/silver, but there isn't any point getting silver when you have gold (well, heartgold and soulsilver because there's not much of a point getting all of the pokemon now since there are way too many, and why else would you get both?)
Last edited by Pagan_Poetry at Mar 3, 2012,
Diamond/Jade versions are best versions, but Gameboy Color games don't work on DS.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
i like pokemon pearl. but black is also pretty fun.
My Guitar Rig:
Peavey 6505+ Head
Peavey 6505 slant cab
MXR Smart Gate
MXR Noise Clamp
Ibanez ts-9 tubescreamer
Ibanez RGA72tqm with EMG 81/85

Other Guitar Gear:
Fender Vibro Champ
TTM Guitars Devastator
LTD EC-200
Get Diamond or Pearl, Black and White were WAY too quick as there's not much to do after you've finished the game
B/W are the clear go tos here. You have HG already, so SS is pretty much the same. Although Diamond is a good game, it uses the same engine, so you'll be getting a similar game.
Black and White are much better games than the previous gen. The new pokemon are better too. Very few that are actually particularly bad.

Biggest disappointment was the starters.
In the days of darkness men feared not the sword and the lance
Nor did he fear the beast of fire... He feared...
THE AXEMAN!!

The Earth is covered in ash and our lungs have filled with worms...
Quote by Atomic_Assault
Black and White are much better games than the previous gen. The new pokemon are better too. Very few that are actually particularly bad.

Biggest disappointment was the starters.

Really? I thought Samurott's line was the best in years.
I play Pokemon Black and it's awesome.

I wish I had White though because I want a good electric pokemon like Zekrom or Thundurus.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
The only reason I would get SS is to complete the Pokedex, other than that, I don't really want it.

However I have decided to just save up my money. For what? I don't know yet, but I have $110.00 so far.
Whoa.... I literally just had a dream where I had like, 7 copies of Pokemon Red, 5 of Blue, and like 3 of Yellow. I just kept finding them in a big box of things...
I vote Diamond or Pearl. I haven't played Platinum, but I enjoyed the 4th gen games much more than 5th gen.
I pride myself on my humility.
I have black but only got to the second gym and got bored but im going to get back into it.
HG/SS are the best Pokemon games for the DS imo. I had Pokemon Pearl but i lost it and never found again so i bought DIamond which i still havent beaten. I also lost my Starfox 64 3D .... i lose to many awesome games
If you're traveling in the North Country Fair
Where the winds hit heavy on the borderline
Remember me to the one who lives there
For she once was a true love of mine
Black or White - the story is far better than in past games, the battle gameplay is a great improvement, the new Pokemon are rather polar in quality: some are amazing, most are awful. You can get all the past Pokemon when you finish the game, though, so it's no issue.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS
B/W is terrible and you should all feel terrible, but D/P is still miles worse, what a sickening game.

Solution: wait for the R/S remakes.

R/S are the worst in the series
B/W is much better
I'm going to have to agree that B/W were pretty bad. They started getting pretty unoriginal with the Pokemon they made, though you can't blame 'em with the sheer amount of Pokemon that already exist. I'd suggest just waiting on black 2/ white 2 (coming out this fall). They aren't going to be like a third remake (platinum, crystal, yellow, etc.) but their own unique adventures.
Quote by newbphil
I'm going to have to agree that B/W were pretty bad. They started getting pretty unoriginal with the Pokemon they made, though you can't blame 'em with the sheer amount of Pokemon that already exist. I'd suggest just waiting on black 2/ white 2 (coming out this fall). They aren't going to be like a third remake (platinum, crystal, yellow, etc.) but their own unique adventures.

Just because a lot of the pokemon were shit, that doesn't mean the game is bad. The creators know that not only are there too many pokemon to catch at this point but that most of us don't even want half of them, so the pokedex can be filled just by meeting pokemon now and not just by catching, which is a different task in itself with different rewards but still.

The story line in B/W is so much better than just "you're 10 now lets give you a creature okay bye". The gameplay is fantastic, the development of character and themes is great, and the environments are wonderful. It may lack the intimacy and challenge R/B and G/S had, but it's much better than R/S and D/P.
Quote by newbphil

Wut. Source?

As far as I know, nothing like this has been announced.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Just because a lot of the pokemon were shit, that doesn't mean the game is bad. The creators know that not only are there too many pokemon to catch at this point but that most of us don't even want half of them, so the pokedex can be filled just by meeting pokemon now and not just by catching, which is a different task in itself with different rewards but still.

The story line in B/W is so much better than just "you're 10 now lets give you a creature okay bye". The gameplay is fantastic, the development of character and themes is great, and the environments are wonderful. It may lack the intimacy and challenge R/B and G/S had, but it's much better than R/S and D/P.

Though debatable, Black and White did have a bit better of a storyline. The thing that really bugged me about the game was the new EXP formula. It's based on your level in relation to the enemy pokemon, meaning if your pokemon is higher level you'll get less exp... GAYYYYY... That shit had me stuck at like lvl 45s at the E4, so I had to grind my ass off on wild pokemon...

Another thing you have to put into play, particularly with pokemon, is the nostalgia factor. A lot of people thought that Sapphire were garbage, but that was one of the games I grew up with, along with Silver. I thought they were both great, but others wouldn't necessarily agree wholeheartedly.
Gold / Silver are the best ones IMO. Haven't got Black to try though.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
Black/White. After defeating the League you've only finished half the game, as the second half of the region opens up after that. Brilliant storyline.
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
It was announced on the 26th

Yeah I know about the game, but is it really an entirely new adventure and not just like the other 3rd titles (Crystal, Emerald, etc.)?

Normally it takes them a few years between games to make new storylines and stuff, doesn't it?
Although Black & White is probably the weakest generation in terms of new Pokemon, it's the best as far as gameplay, graphics, etc.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Black/White.
Some of the new pokemon are good, most are shit. However, the battle style is great and the gameplay is addicting.
Why is this better than the others you mentioned? It has the best story in any of the games yet, which certainly makes up for the crappier pokemon.

To me the best games in the series are gold/silver, but there isn't any point getting silver when you have gold (well, heartgold and soulsilver because there's not much of a point getting all of the pokemon now since there are way too many, and why else would you get both?)

That's debatable. I have to agree with the guy who said the starters are disappointing. Some of the typings in the game are pretty interesting though, except for the lack of variety with the fire type. For a fire type you basically have to use the starter or chandelure.
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
I'm sorry, but Ruby and Sapphire are some of the best in the series.

All R/B have for me are the nostalgia factor, otherwise they're the worst.

To answer the OP, go for B/W.
Check out my lyrics! (C4C)

Critical Condition
Tombstone

Quote by SteveHouse
That's actually the point of this. Tell your inner editor to shut the fock up and just write.
I was really hoping that you would use the airport in Black/White to visit some of the other regions. For me, multiple regions was the best part of Gold and Silver. The storyline with Team Rocket returning was pretty cool too. Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald was very innovative when it came to the layout of the region itself. While I didn't particularly enjoy the huge expanse of water on the east half of the map, it was a change of pace and the volcano, desert, and weather effects near Fortree city made up for it in my eyes. I just don't know why they took the day/night clock out for that generation and why they added so many legendaries.
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
Quote by shavorules42
I was really hoping that you would use the airport in Black/White to visit some of the other regions. For me, multiple regions was the best part of Gold and Silver. The storyline with Team Rocket returning was pretty cool too. Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald was very innovative when it came to the layout of the region itself. While I didn't particularly enjoy the huge expanse of water on the east half of the map, it was a change of pace and the volcano, desert, and weather effects near Fortree city made up for it in my eyes. I just don't know why they took the day/night clock out for that generation and why they added so many legendaries.

YES! Beating the Elite 4 for the first time in Pokemon silver and finding out there's a whole other region to explore was amazing. Also I really loved Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. In my first Sapphire game i had a shinny Kyogre and i also loved the fact that you could make forts in trees and bushes. Idk why but i loved doing that

Quote by Vermillionpart2
Hello it's me OP again.

Does anyone know if Mario Kart 7 is good? And if it's worth getting?

Yes it is good.
Yes it is worth getting.

^My opinions. If you enjoyed the other games in the series youll enjoy this one
If you're traveling in the North Country Fair
Where the winds hit heavy on the borderline
Remember me to the one who lives there
For she once was a true love of mine
Last edited by SpillyMcKid at Mar 3, 2012,
Quote by Vermillionpart2

What Pokemon game should I get?

You could start with better taste in entertainment.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Page 1 of 2