On my amp I have a "line out" socket. My question is can I connect this to my computer? And if so, where would it connect to on the computer and would the sound quality be any good?

My amp is the fender super champ xd

thanks
You can connect it to the line in input of your computer, it's the blue thing if I'm not mistaken.
I used to do that but I had a lot of noise. It wasn't the same amp though.
Quote by Comfy Dumb
On my amp I have a "line out" socket. My question is can I connect this to my computer?

Yes
Quote by Comfy Dumb
And if so, where would it connect to on the computer and would the sound quality be any good?

Connect it to the Line-In on the computer. The sound quality will be pretty bad, though.
If you want to record, you need to get the proper kit. Either an interface if you want to use your computer (more flexible, but a much steeper learning curve) or a multitracker (does pretty much everything software can, is easier to use but can be more expensive to get started).

Recording directly into the line out of your PC is possible, but crap.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
If you want to record, you need to get the proper kit. Either an interface if you want to use your computer (more flexible, but a much steeper learning curve) or a multitracker (does pretty much everything software can, is easier to use but can be more expensive to get started).

From what you've said would you recommend any?
For multitrackers, I had a Fostex 8 track for years and it always did a great job. They're designed to be particularly easy so total beginners can use them without any trouble, but also have plenty of capability for more advanced home use, although as they are only 8 tracks, that can become very limiting as you get more adventurous with your creations.

These days I use a Tascam 2488 MkII as my DAW. It's excellent, I'd definitely recommend one of those. I've actually heard that the newer version of it (2488 Neo) isn't as good, so you'd be better off getting a used version of the slightly older one if you chose that.

Possibly the most flexible option though, would be the Zoom R series. They make an 8, 16 and 24 track version. It's a standalone multitracker, but also acts as an interface a control board to link up to your PC if you need to. The 8 and 24 track versions also include a drum machine which will be extremely valuable to you if you start wanting to create your own songs etc.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud