Do you think that metallica would be better if Mustaine stayed as lead guitarist?

Kirk is good, I like some of his solos (especially One, day the never comes, master of puppets, fade to black etc) but Mustaine has some great works too. So what do you think?
Maybe. I think Kirk's laid back stance on musical direction and songwriting are part of the reason they released such great albums from Lightning to the Black Album. I also definitely think songs like the ones you mentioned would not be the same without his style. I think Maybe the solos on Kill em All to Justice may have been better. But Hetfield was a thrash riff monster during that period, and having Mustaine there could have been to many chiefs imo.
Quote by mschup27
Maybe. I think Kirk's laid back stance on musical direction and songwriting are part of the reason they released such great albums from Lightning to the Black Album. I also definitely think songs like the ones you mentioned would not be the same without his style. I think Maybe the solos on Kill em All to Justice may have been better. But Hetfield was a thrash riff monster during that period, and having Mustaine there could have been to many chiefs imo.

You are right about that. Both Hetfield and Mustaine are riff monsters. And they would probably kick each other asses sooner or later, as it happened. But I think Mustaine is a better soloist that Kirk, escecialy when I listed to some early works, like for example Holy wars final solo
They probably would have just broken up if they hadn't kicked him out.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Kirk is a homosexual isn't he? 'Course I have no problem with this, but it does make wonder about Dave's homophobia.

Disclaimer: I may have stopped paying attention to Metallica 15 years ago.
UG FORUM
Your 21st Century Ant Farm
Corroborating Sturgeon's Law Since 2003
Maybe...whos to say but what I do know is, metallica would have been better IF they had gar samuelson on the kit!
Quote by Zero Substance
i think we all would have been better off if you didn't make this thread

maybe you got the point
I think Dave Mustaine is a pretty cool guy, eh wrote all the solos on Kill'em All and he doesn't afraid of anything
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
Well considering Dave basically wrote all of the good riffs Metallica ever had, I suppose I'm forced to say yes.

Even though I havent listened to Megadeth or Metallica in like 5 years. At least.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Quote by Buck's Student
Then we wouldn't have Megadeth. Both bands suck.

Fixed.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by mschup27

What exactly are you basing this on? I don't dislike early Metallica but riffs were not something to be found in it.
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Definitely yes. Dave's riffs and guitar-playing kickass and he would have improved Metallica immeasurably if he had stayed. But the problem is that Lars and James want to be "in charge" and Dave would have conflicted with them. In fact, I would hazard a guess that the reason he was pushed out was because of a power struggle, which Dave lost.

It is quite likely that Dave would have been forced out sooner or later. As it stands, he was forced out earller.

But compared with Hammett, Dave is a much better lead guitarist by far. I think Metallica would be much better off if Dave had stayed. But there would be constant turmoil within the band.

ron666
Quote by Senor Kristian
What exactly are you basing this on? I don't dislike early Metallica but riffs were not something to be found in it.

thats a pretty stupid thing to say
I'm suprised people actually still give enough of a shit about either of these bands to take the time to make a thread on them.
Pestilent winds
Rotting earth
Fire streaks the skies
Slow decay
Putrid stench
The Light chokes and dies
Ave finis!
Ave finis!
Ave finis!
...In vacuo...
Quote by dazed60
thats a pretty stupid thing to say