Hello Everyone,

I just picked up a 1990 Kramer from a pawn shop has no issues other than the p-ups are going out . Its something that is not a surprise for the guitar being 22yrs old though. So I was on the EMG website and I was looking at the EMG SL20 set. It comes with the emg85, sa20, sa20. Its pre-wire so I dont have to really put effort in taking it appart and putting it back together. If anyone has a a better idea for what I should do. I'd like to keep it to the orignal style it was. EMG's is all I really know and play with.

Thank You
My Gear :
Gibson Gothic Explorer
Epiphone Les Paul Zakk Wlyde (Korean)
ESP LTD EC-1000vb
Jackson RR24m
Kramer Focus HSS
Alvarez Acoustic
91-95 Peavey 5150 2x12
Marshall MG 250 DFX 2x12
VOX ToneLab ST Muti Effects
Are you sure its not te switch, pots or wireing that is wrong. Pickups normaly don't just die.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Yeh that was one of the first things I did was rip it apart and cleaned the inside out and checked the wires. I'm pretty sure the switch has something to do with the issue. Cause the neck pickup will be dead then I wiggle the switch and it somewhat comes back. then it fades back out to nothing you know. I'd rather replace them anyway the bridge and mid sound like POO. lol

The Question Was??

EMG's??

Or I was open to Opinion for a better choice of pickups other than EMG's
My Gear :
Gibson Gothic Explorer
Epiphone Les Paul Zakk Wlyde (Korean)
ESP LTD EC-1000vb
Jackson RR24m
Kramer Focus HSS
Alvarez Acoustic
91-95 Peavey 5150 2x12
Marshall MG 250 DFX 2x12
VOX ToneLab ST Muti Effects
Last edited by ESP Eclipse at Mar 3, 2012,
I'd put a new switch in it first. Then you'll beable to tell if you really want to change the pickups. In the end its your choice, but I personaly like a nice passive pu over an EMG, but thats me.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
you definitely should replace the switch before you pop for new pickups. the switch is like a $10 job, and the new pickups wouldn't work with it anyways.

that being said, I wouldn't put EMG's in it anyways. while I really like EMG's (big fan of the sl20 set), I don't think they fit the style of the Kramer at all. I would get a Duncan JB bridge pickup (all around one of the better rock/metal pickups around) and cool rail single coils (thats what Kramer uses on some of their guitars now)