Poll Options
View poll results: Well...are you?
Strong beliefs, regularly practise a particular religion
8 8%
Believe in God, sometimes pray
8 8%
Generally agnostic, having surveyed evidence
20 20%
Atheist, opposed to the idea of a divinity.
52 52%
Don't care enough to make my mind up really
12 12%
Voters: 100.
Page 1 of 2
Just a quick question I thought might be interesting to ask here. I am an atheist myself, and have quite strong opinions on religion and its sociological consequences, and so I'd like to get an understanding of the users here

We don't need to have fervent arguments; this is by no means a thread to generate tensions or heated debate.

Just click on whatever best describes your beliefs!

Edit: Again, I don't want any debate for or against the matter, what this thread is geared towards is the statistics represented in the poll.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
Last edited by notoriousnumber at Mar 3, 2012,
This has been asked so many times recently.

No, I don't adhere to any particular religion.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I am religion.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
i only believe in one thing...you should try it, its called the searchbar.
Quote by WantsLesPaul
You are a sick man, Riley.
Quote by neidnarb11890
I'm a Pythagorean.

+1

join ze brotherhood
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
I think a greater power would make more sense than evolution. I don't believe in "God" but I do know that Jesus was a real person. And that said person was trolling thousands of years before us.
Quote by Fear The Abyss
I think a greater power would make more sense than evolution. I don't believe in "God" but I do know that Jesus was a real person. And that said person was trolling thousands of years before us.

Well, that's the thing. Fiction has to make sense; the real world can be very convoluted.
Nahh, I'm quite intelligent.

I don't like the fact your poll assumes being an atheist means you dislike religion - admittedly that's the case for me, but it isn't for a lot of people.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
just a picky thing i suppose, but being an atheist doesn't mean you oppose the idea of a deity. it just means you don't hold any kind of belief in a god. which usually include agnostic.
Don"t Be A Bitch.
Not a fan of the idea of religion and I personally have no need for a God to believe in. I don't like labeling myself as an Atheist either. I am my own self with my own opinions, don't stamp a label on me bro!
Quote by due 07
Well I don't believe in God, but I'm also not an aaaaaaaaatheist.

And lately I've been thinkin' about how I love Jesus
no
Quote by travs2448

How many of you are vegan?
Hopefully none

Does anyone know any fun recipes?
Yeah a big juicy flank steak

What can be done with tofu?
Nothing it taste like crap

Is there such thing as vegan meat? Vegan sausages ect
WTF ARE YOU ON?
Athiests are the worst kind of people. So laughable how they complain how about religious people ramming beliefs down peoples neck when as soon as there is a remote mention of Religion or God its all aboard the hate wagon and "Gods not real idiots lolol"
Is it hot in here??

This one time in Dubai.....

Quote by Spoonman69
Athiests are the worst kind of people. So laughable how they complain how about religious people ramming beliefs down peoples neck when as soon as there is a remote mention of Religion or God its all aboard the hate wagon and "Gods not real idiots lolol"
Why you so mad, though?
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
You're the biggest dick we've had in the Pit for a while.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Stop talking, you have are the biggest dick the pit has seen in a while.
Quote by Spoonman69

I can't tell if you're serious or not. There doesn't seem to be anything in there to indicate sarcasm, nor do the conditions under which you posted it...

... but you honestly cannot have said that with a straight-face.
A Celebration For The Death Of Man...

Quote by Madison Perella

Thats not even sensible I base myself like this I like power I don't understand emotion. Knowledge is key and fire pokemon own.

page 2 and we are in a heated debate!

i dont think religions have any idea what theyre talking about when it comes to having a creator. so iv kept my distance from religion. im not ignorant enough to say there wasnt a creator, so iv kept my distance from aethiests. im open minded and like debating things for the fun of it, so i guess you can call me agnostic.
Agnostic.

In the sense that I don't know whether there's some kind of general supernatural thing or deity. Not in the sense that I'm undecided about Christianity or any of the other major world religions I know anything about.
Buddhist. Makes the most sense to me and it promotes a happy and balanced lifestyle
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Quote by notoriousnumber
Just a quick question I thought might be interesting to ask here. I am an atheist myself, and have quite strong opinions on religion and its sociological consequences, and so I'd like to get an understanding of the users here

We don't need to have fervent arguments; this is by no means a thread to generate tensions or heated debate.

Just click on whatever best describes your beliefs!

Edit: Again, I don't want any debate for or against the matter, what this thread is geared towards is the statistics represented in the poll.

I'm a pastafarian. Come at me.
h'wat
I cannot fit into your skin.
Quote by ESPLTDV401DX
Buddhist. Makes the most sense to me and it promotes a happy and balanced lifestyle

but its not a religion
i guess? i think a religion has a god, and buddhism is mostly a way of life.
Atheist. I was raised pretty much entirely secularly, so the whole idea of a divine entity is somewhat nonsensical to me.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Arch Bishop within Spoonology.

Apart from that, I'm an atheist.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
This man is God, so I believe in him.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
but its not a religion
i guess? i think a religion has a god, and buddhism is mostly a way of life.

I guess you could say that. I see it as a personal belief system.
e-married to Jack (bladez)
I reject the supernatural characteristics of God and believe that God exists inside of us, as evolutionary adaptations for altruism and empathy, and all around us, as the forces of a society more powerful than any individual guided by a collective human tendency to make a better world for everyone. God is the ideal of improving society for all over improving one's own position within society. Some might say that everyone is only out for themselves but I see those sort of actions as a reaction to the structural violence of inequality which works to threaten the position of people within society. As social creatures, we are naturally biased towards being more than self-interested actors and to do what we can to leave this world a better place than how we came into it. As such I believe that any rational human being should be swayed by www.actualsanity.com and understand that they are part of something larger than themselves.
I would like to believe there's some "higher power" that made all this and that you go to heaven or whatever, but it's just not that reasonable to believe. When you die, it'll be exactly like it was before you were born. You won't be there. Nothing of you will be so it won't matter. Either that, or reincarnation. LOLchina
I am probably Agnostic leaning towards Atheism. I certainly don't believe any of the main religions are true however I am open to the idea of a higher power of sorts
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
Page 1 of 2