My problem is this. I want to write up sheet music for the music I produce, so that I don't forget how to play all the things I come up with. I use guitar pro to manually click in each note and fiddle around with the timings until I play it back and it sounds exactly as I hear it on recordings.

It's an exhausting process.

Wouldn't life be so much easier if I could just plug my guitar in, play a tune and it to just automatically convert what I played into accurate sheet music? I'm drawing inspiration here from the way you can use MIDI keyboards to create tabs/sheets (of sorts) in Propellerhead Reason.

So is there any software or hardware that makes this possible?

If not, or if it is too expensive, then how do you recording artists get around this seemingly necessary evil?
would I be able to use it with Guitar Pro or Sibelius, to make actual classical sheet music or tab sheets? I don't know what scores on protools and logic looks like... I want to be able to read it like I would with tab/sheet music.
Quote by BadBanshee
would I be able to use it with Guitar Pro or Sibelius, to make actual classical sheet music or tab sheets? I don't know what scores on protools and logic looks like... I want to be able to read it like I would with tab/sheet music.

Guitar Pro has a MIDI record feature, I believe. Pro Tools 9/10 uses Sibelius integrated into it to create scores, so I don't see why the standalone couldn't do this.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com