so i have a bugera 6262, and i wont lie. the lead channel on it is complete shit. its about as loud as a mountain goat getting beat with a waffle iron. the clean is not bad. i also have a digitech rp500 pedal.and gibson explorer with gfs pickups. im really gettin into using the amps distortion and am thinking of buying a new one. i use some chourus and delay for clean channel but am thinking of buying individual pedals. so, what should i change? i play metal and hard rock and i really like a fat sound but still really clear. i have emgs in another guitar but they just sound to digital. i guess you could also say compressed? but im not sure. so, any ideas guys?
I have heard most people like the sound of the 6262, just not the build quality. What about it don't you like?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
get an EQ to run in your effect loop, push the mids, creates a very clear tone. Also re-tube your amp, stock chinese tubes are crap, they have terrible clarity, and almost always have some kind of fuzz that's impossible to equalize out. Throw out your RP500, running a digital multifx into a tube amp is very much a chewbacca living on endor situation.
Well you haven't given us any budget so we can't really help. We don't know if you have $5 or $5,000,000 to spend
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
id say 1,200 for a budget. and i know my pedal is wicked digital sounding. what are some good tube stomp boxes or fx boards? (not racks, dont have enough money) and ill try changing the tubes. what tubes should i get?
what are your settings on the amp? and also what speakers are you running it through? Also how loud do you have it?
Last edited by Garlic Owl at Mar 3, 2012,
i would definitely agree with the eq pedal idea. i'm truly hoping you aren't the type of person that is simply scooping out all of your mids. if you are, that is what is sucking your tone and volume.

the eq will help round out your tone to where you like it.

if your still not happy with the dirty channel on the amp, i'd suggest checking out some blackstar pedals to run over the clean channel. i haven't personally played one yet but have seen/heard some really great reviews about them.

pedal on a budget, i use an mxr fullbore metal over a clean channel and that should get you pretty much any metal/rock sound your looking for
i have an eq running. i keep my mids at 3. and should i change my pickups? i have a gfs power rails in bridge and alnico 5 in neck. also for my cab, i have a peavey with 2 eminence swamp thans and 2 texas heats
Tubes first. Sort out the amp before moving on otherwise you're just throwing good money after bad..
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Vicious_Turtle
i play metal and hard rock and i really like a fat sound but still really clear. i have emgs in another guitar but they just sound to digital. i guess you could also say compressed?

Well, i recently bought the orange dark terror with the matching 1x12 cab. I recommend you try that out.
The selling factor for me was that it had a genuine heavy as **** and fat sound. Didn't sound half assed like a lot of the other low wattage amps.
It has shocking amounts of gain and you can get some really different and nice tones.

Not sure whether you like to play live or not though. I've never tried it live but i've never put the volume knob past 3 or so. It's just so loud :c
Last edited by vayne92 at Mar 4, 2012,
Quote by Vicious_Turtle
http://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/tubes/T-MBDR

would this set work with my 120 watt bugera 6262 head?

Yes, but you won't need some of those tubes. The rectifier tubes are not gonna be used so thats waisted money.

What you need to do is find a retube kit for the Peavey 5150II/6505+. If your in the US, Eurotubes has retube kits designed for your specific amp.

EDIT the Bugera 6262 is a Peavey 5150II/6505+ clone, and the Bugera 6260 is the Peavey 5150/6505 clone.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Mar 4, 2012,
sweet, found the options. which should i choose? i play hard rock and metal, metallica, pantera, guns n roses. but i also play with cleans a ton. and i mean i litteraly play about 50/50. so what should i chose? theres a bunch of sets
Quote by Vicious_Turtle
i have an eq running. i keep my mids at 3. and should i change my pickups? i have a gfs power rails in bridge and alnico 5 in neck. also for my cab, i have a peavey with 2 eminence swamp thans and 2 texas heats

you pretty much have the same setup as me. your mids are way too low. also what volume do you have it at?
i pretty much want the sad but true tone. its so beastly. i know hetfield used emgs and had mesa stacks probably kranked. but what should i do if i wanna get a similar tone and not have to be a billionare to get it? i know he used more mids on the black album but idk how much
Quote by Vicious_Turtle
i pretty much want the sad but true tone. its so beastly. i know hetfield used emgs and had mesa stacks probably kranked. but what should i do if i wanna get a similar tone and not have to be a billionare to get it? i know he used more mids on the black album but idk how much

try it with the volume at 2-3. take a picture of your settings. for rhythm i have mine at bass-5.5, mid- 6, treble- almost at 5, presence- almost at 5, reverb- none, volume- 2-3. there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to get at least close to that tone lol
Last edited by Garlic Owl at Mar 4, 2012,
Quote by Vicious_Turtle
its about as loud as a mountain goat getting beat with a waffle iron.

That's pretty loud.