So I'm considering upgrading my currently BKP equipped Ibanez for something a little more high end. I'm not really getting on with the Ibby neck and the term pisses me off even tho it's blocked off.

So I'm in need of a switch up. I can probably sell the Ibby for at least £400 but my overall budget isn't going to be over £1000 really. I'm very interested in the Ltd h-1007 hard tail but my only quibble with it is the EMG actives in it, I'd have to swap them out for BKPs like in my Ibby, but on what I remember (and correct me if I'm wrong) the 707 EMGs are routed bigger than other pickups so the space is too big to replace the pickups??

Either way id like some other suggestions too, but not schecter. I've played their 7 string necks and they are horribly big, I can't cope with them at all.

In short, £1k, 7 strings, hard tail, without EMGs, and not a schecter

Cheers
Ed
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Get a Siggery or a Jaden, dude. PM Marty on facebook with your preferred specs for a quote. A non-fanned 7 is usually about £850 though.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Won't be anything better than your Ibby.... wait until summer when the new ltds get released.

I will give you £350 for your RG1527 stock or 430 with BKPs....

Pm me...

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Mar 3, 2012,
Quote by Tom 1.0
Won't be anything better than your Ibby.... wait until summer when the new ltds get released.

I will give you £350 for your RG1527 stock or 430 with BKPs....

Pm me...

Not looking for better, just nicer for what I want. The neck is starting to annoying me, can't get on with it now.

I'm interested, gonna see what a few other people say before I sell it

Just in general tho am I right on the EMG 707 thing??
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by Tom 1.0
wait until summer when the new ltds get released.
All the new LTDs (and every existing 7-string ESP/LTD) has the EMG pickups, which yes, are not the same size as a normal 7-string humbucker is. They can only be properly replaced by other EMGs or one type of Seymour Duncan active pickups. The only exception is the new AW-7, which has DiMarzio D-Activator, but the retail for that is around £1,100. Maybe OP could stretch to it, I don't know, but that's the online price and that's a lot of money to spend on a signature guitar you haven't played before you buy it.

As for the H-1007, I like it but comparing it directly to the MH-417, I couldn't feel or hear a difference between them. Considering the MH-417 is a lot cheaper, I'd just go for that - though it does have those pesky EMG active pickups.

Unfortunately, hardtail, not a Schecter, not an Ibanez and passive pickups doesn't give you many options. There's a couple of really shit LTDs (like the SC-207) that fit that spec but certainly are not going to impress you. I've heard that Chapman guitars might have a fairly bare bones 7-string model on the way sometime this year, though I'm not sure what or when. A Mayones Setius fits your spec and second hand ones do tend to come in at around the £1,000 mark, but it's rare to actually find one for sale as not many have come into this country and the people that do get them are usually loathe to sell them on.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Like I said, Jaden Series 2 or a Siggery. I'd go with the Siggery since you can go completely custom and it'll still be less than the Jaden.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.