My high e string of my acoustic guitar just snapped. About 3 or 4 weeks ago the high e string snapped, too. The string snapped at the tuner this time. I don't really know where it snapped the first time, but in both cases the set of strings were new and I tried to tune the string down (to D or C for Open Tunings) Oh and I used D'Addario. Nothing special.

So why keeps my high e string snapping? Is it the way I restring my guitar (never had problems with that)? And why does it snap when I'm tuning down?

Thanks
firstly change string company my high E snapped when i used D'Addario, go up a string gauge? and don't bend or retune too often or like a mad man.
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......|
....\__________./
and watch how hard you pick and that it's angled correctly.
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......|
....\__________./
Quote by Sign of War
firstly change string company my high E snapped when i used D'Addario, go up a string gauge? and don't bend or retune too often or like a mad man.

what brand do you suggest?

The string gauge is good, I don't wanna go up and I don't bend or retune really much.
Just Standard E to Open C once in a while.
could be sharp edges on your nut.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
I've never had this kind of problem with D'Addario. Dunlop, DR and Ernie Ball on the other hand...
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by Weirdbag
But how did it end up breaking at the tuner then?

Could be sharp edges at you tuner.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Use D'Adds for Electric and Elixers for Acoustic
GuitarMoose.com StickyGrip Guitar Picks
Elixir Phosphor Bronze Guitar Strings
Takamine EG523SCB
Michael Kelly Spalted Maple
Blueridge BG 160
Bedell MB 28 G
Bedell TBCE 28 G
I agree with oldmantime. Elixers are the the way to go. get some =)