recently my practice equipment has been making a very loud uncontrolled static sound. i have a marshall mg10cd (dont diss its just for practice) then through a metal muff for distortion and into my guitar. i have tried many combinations and i think that it is my amp because it is quite old. i just got new cables so i doubt thats the issue. i dont know exactly what it could be but if anyone has any advice on how to fix it or if i need to buy a amp etc it would be appreciated
Have you tried taken the distortion completely off and directly plug you guitar into the amp?
Quote by askrere
Why do so many guitarists and drummers come here to ask help for their bass players?? Are we that shy in the wild?

Use bait!

Bass player looks nervous!

Use safari ball!

... ... ... !

bass player got away...
yes i have and its wierd the clean sounds fine but the amp distortion sounds worse than with the pedal plugged in and not turned on
Hmm... That is weird, maybe its the speakers, they may just not be able to handle distortion anymore, id take it to tech, and, exactly how old is your amp.
Quote by askrere
Why do so many guitarists and drummers come here to ask help for their bass players?? Are we that shy in the wild?

Use bait!

Bass player looks nervous!

Use safari ball!

... ... ... !

bass player got away...
i guess not to old about 4 or 5 years but it is a practice amp and it is moved alot occasionally knocked over