Im confused how to read a treble clef and bass clef. I know the treble side has the notes e f g a b c d e f and the bass has the notes g a b c d e f g a. How come on this lesson it shows the C note way below the bottum line. http://www.musictheory.net/lessons/33.
That's where middle C is, one ledger line below the staff.

EDIT: There's also C one ledger line ABOVE the bass clef.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
How to read sheet music is very hard to explain in writing, i'll try and help, here goes,

Notes above or below the stave are essentially on or inbetween 'invisible' ledger lines, for example:
In treble clef the bottom line note, is as you stated, an E
One space below is a D
The next note down WOULD be on a line, but as the stave doesn't extend down that far it is shown with a short line through the dot, this is a C
Next down WOULD be inbetween the lines, so its shown as a dot with a line above it, its a B
Next down again WOULD be on a line, so it has a line through the dot AND a line between the dot and the stave to represent the 'invisible' ledger line that the note 'C' would be on, this note is an A

Hopefully this isn't too confusing and help in some way

My advice would be talk to someone one-to-one and get them to show you

Just keep trying to read and play from sheet music, it will soon become easier

Reading music is a Language, you need to spend time and effort to learn it
Last edited by geo1450 at Mar 3, 2012,
Quote by geo1450
How to read sheet music is very hard to explain in writing, i'll try and help, here goes,

Notes above or below the stave are essentially on or inbetween 'invisible' ledger lines, for example:
In treble clef the bottom line note, is as you stated, an E
One space below is a D
The next note down WOULD be on a line, but as the stave doesn't extend down that far it is shown with a short line through the dot, this is a C
Next down WOULD be inbetween the lines, so its shown as a dot with a line above it, its a B
Next down again WOULD be on a line, so it has a line through the dot AND a line between the dot and the stave to represent the 'invisible' ledger line that the note 'C' would be on, this note is an A

Hopefully this isn't too confusing and help in some way

My advice would be talk to someone one-to-one and get them to show you

Just keep trying to read and play from sheet music, it will soon become easier

Reading music is a Language, you need to spend time and effort to learn it

nOT confusing AT ALL THANKS. I was actually assuming that was the answer but wasnt sure.
Last edited by wbt1988 at Mar 3, 2012,