So I caved and bought a Fender Blues Deluxe reissue almost on impulse. I was looking at other stuff, but decided to just go with the tried-and-true Fender tone. I do love it. The sound is exactly what I want and what I need. However, I cranked it up on the clean channel to about 6 (out of 12) and it sounded like there was already breakup.

Is it just me, or is it actually breaking up that early? It seems like an amp should have power tube breakup until your at least in the last quarter of the volume knob. And of course, I couldn't test something like that out until I actually got it home, because the music store employees would have had a fit.

So this is primarily directed towards other Blues Deluxe owners.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
I have that amp and it started breaking up at around 5 or 6. I think that's a normal position for breakup
I've had one for over a year now, and yeah, it breaks up that early. It breaks up a lot easier than a HRD. The volume threshold on those things is a little extreme; it seems to cap out around 5-6 and the jump from 0-2 is enormous. Think of it more as a 0-6 knob and less as a 0-12.
^those have linear taper pots instead of the audio taper pots. i am unsure if his blues deluxe has the same issue.

evidently fender is advertising the newer update HRD's as having the correct audio taper pot... like it is something that shouldn't have been on the originals to begin with.

so, if he just bought his fender amp, then i probably comes with the proper pot and he should have better range control.

@ TS: deluxes don't have much head room. that is part of their appeal, more breakup at less volume.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Ah. I see. Well at least I know that it isn't defective or something. Thanks!

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees
Oh but I guess on a related note, what are the differences between a HRD and a Blues Deluxe? Aside, of course, from the "More Drive" channel and different grilles/coverings.

Quote by dullsilver_mike

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees
Is the Blues Deluxe the 22w one, or is that the 65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue?

If it is, that would explain the breakup issue, as the HRD is a 40w(as well as some other modern Fender Deluxes over the past few years).
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi