Hi, I'm new to this site and I just needed to ask one question. The LTD M10...is it worth it?
I started playing guitar about a year ago and my first guitar I bought was an Ibanez RG350EXZ. Absolutely lovely guitar but seen as I'm new to this I didn't realise what a pain it was going to be to down tune, restring, ect because of the damn floyd rose. So I'm planning on buying this LTD for £150 just as a practise guitar. But I've heard mixed reviews about it. Some people say to completely avoid low end ESPs and some saying that you get a lot for your money! I'm hoping its good because i absolutely love the looks of it!

So I'm just looking for any opinions on this guitar which would help me decide.
Thanks guys.
its horrible. checkout www.rondomusic.com you can get a way better quality guitar from them.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
It's terrible. You never want to touch a 10 or 50 series LTD; and even the 100 and 256 ones really are far, far from good. Even within the <£200 bracket, there are much better guitars around. Just search around GAK, Andertons and DV247 to get an idea of what else you can get around that price, because there's an awful lot and nearly everything is better than a LTD 10 guitar.

Quote by romeozdistress
its horrible. checkout www.rondomusic.com you can get a way better quality guitar from them.
Not in the UK he can't. The shipping and import taxes alone cost more than the M-10 is.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Ok thanks I definitely wont touch it then, if staying under my price bracket of £200 would any other ESPs or LTDs (sorry don't really know the difference) be any good?
You certainly won't get an ESP for under £200, that's for sure. It's rare to see any ESP sell for under £1000.

Basically, the difference is that ESPs are made in Japan and LTDs are made in Korea (the better ones), China or Indonesia. Also there are some differences in spec; of course the cheaper guitars don't have such high-quality parts as the more expensive ones.

For under £200 the best LTDs you can get are the 50 series, which aren't really any better than the 10s (they just look a bit prettier, with more colourful finishes). There are a few Ibanez models around that price, though they aren't much better than the LTDs. You can get some Vintage guitars, some Kramer guitars and also some Squier Vintage Modified guitars for around £200; these would be noticably better than the Ibanez and LTD guitars of the same price. I believe you can get one of the Yamaha Pacifica guitars for bang-on £200 too, which should be alright.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Ok, thanks very much guys, really helped me out alot. And yeah my mate has a Pacifica so ill give those a look.
used ltd viper 400s can be had really cheap used.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
i got my ex-400 for $300
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
i owned a m-15 and it was just terrible.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
My bro has an F-10 which isn't too bad. Doesn't compare to the MH-300 I've got right now though. If you're a beginner, the 10 series is better than a lot of the sub-100 stuff, but you could get a really good guitar for almost as much used.
I would say to at least try to get a 50. But also take a look at rondomusic.com, you might be interested in there Douglas Spad, they are remind me a lot of schecters but they are good solid guitars.
I'd say avoid lower end LTD's. Got to play a couple yesterday and while they felt okay, they came out of tune pretty easily and the clean sound was...bad. I was playing a EC-256 and one of the superstrats...forgot which model it was :/
my first guitar was an mh-50, its not the best guitar in the world but i played the hell out of it.for 200 bucks it was well worth it. the 10 series leaves a lot to be desired though. my friend owned a viper 10. it was just clunky and hard to play. i wouldn't waste money on one if i was you. my advice to you would be to go to guitar center, what ever stores there are in your area, and play some used guitars.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
I have a m-10 with everything stock on it...it has a reverse head stock it is a perfectly good guitar holds tune better than any of my others and reliable and hard to scratch but you could get better stuff used for like 200 bucks
My gear:
Yamaha f335 acoustic
Ibanezs ex 270
2003 mim strat
peavey xxl head through Marshall cab
Tama rockstar drum kit
Quote by solidrane
You live in Europe, LTD's overpriced there

Everything is overpriced there. The US are very lucky.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I've made a lot of mistakes in my guitar career (didn't discover UG for a while). One piece of advice I can give you is to not buy something significantly lower quality than what you already have. You'll just be disappointed in it, and, in your particular price range, it'll just be a POS anyway.

If you answer these questions, we can shoot some good advice your way. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1497696
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
i had an M-10 for a little bit, last year i picked it up for $100, not bad basswood body, good neck, the electronics were bad though, I had to strip all the pots and wiring and throw dizmarios in, It sounded good after, also really sharp frets, I sold that guitar for $200, so i lost money. but anything 300-1000 series ESP is worth the money
Kona Custom(Duncan Loaded)
LTD H300(Duncan Loaded)
LTD H400 (Duncan Loaded) STOCK YESSSS
LTD M202 BB(Duncan Loaded)
80s American Tele(STOCK)
Gibson Faded V
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Mesa Triple Rectifier (EL-34s)
and many more.....
Hey thanks for the help guys. OffWorld92 do you want me to do those questions in a PM to you or just on the actual thread because I will be happy to.
Ahh just realised I cant reply in thread so Ill just answer them in here.

Budget: Anything up to £200
Favourite Artists: I would love to learn most Linkin Park songs. So i need something that will drop tune easily.
Preferences: Preferably an Ibanez, RG mainly with a thin neck profile and 24 frets. (So basically anything similar to an Ibanez)
Pickups: H/S/H setup but can have H/S/S
New or Used: Really dont mind, would prefer new though.
Current Gear: At the mo I have an Ibanez RG350EXZ running through a Marshall MG30DFX but hopefully upgrading to a MG100DFX.

Hope this helps.
oooohhhh. you're about to get slaughtered by gg&a lol. please do not "upgrade" to a bigger mg. there are a lot of better built and better sounding amps out there.
edit: i just remembered this isn't in gg&a lol. shit happens.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Last edited by Goodtimes666 at Mar 7, 2012,
Perhaps a used Jackson JS23, and block the bridge on it.

Don't upgrade to a bigger MG. That would be an absolute waste of money. If you post over in GGnA, we can help you find a suitable amp as well.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X