I need a new set of acoustic strings. My Dunlops are too rough for my fingers. I need a brand that will stay in tune, is not rough when playing, and also won't go old quickly. I am debating between Martin's and D'addario's right now. I use D'addarios on my electric. Any suggestions?
I've heard a lot of good things about elixirs, why not give em a try
Gear!!!!

Fender Lonestar Stratocaster w/ Seymour Duncan pearly Gates!!!
PRS SE Custom 24 Vintage Natural
Gibson Les Paul Signature T Trans Ebony
Engl Screamer 50
i bought some martins and i don't like them, they sound nice but they slice up my fingers
This sig will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

Hot e-cousin of girlgerms007

I love Tracie.

Soundcloud
I always use Martins on my acoustics. Everyone has their own preferences though, you should keep trying different types until you find the one for you.

Could be worth going to a shop, playing a few of their guitars and if you find one you like ask what strings are on it.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I like playing on elixirs. I recently got some for my electric to because a bogo deal, haven't tried them yet. But if their anything like the acoustic strings I'm sure they'll be great.
Thomastic-Infeld strings are perhaps the best sounding set I've ever put on my Taylor. They also were $17 2 years ago. Aside from that, I'm sponsored by Elixir so they're the best!
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Odd, I hate Elixir. I tried an Electric set, the coating immediately starting peeling (which is not nice on a matt black guitar.) The B string broke within a weak... They sounded poor straight from the packet and were uncomfortable to play. I tried them again a few months later thinking I may have got a dud pack but they were the same. Once again, I broke a string a couple of weeks later. I've tried D'addario (my personal fave.) Ernie Ball, Rotosound, Dunlop and they all lasted longer than the strings specifically advertised at lasting a long time. :L

Anyway, moral of the story is strings are different for everyone. There appears to be some chemical on my fingers that destroy Elixir strings.

There seems to be a lot of D'Addario vs Elixir in my experience. I detest D'Addario strings, truly detest them but I know a lot of my friends who swear by them. As for the peeling, that's normal on any coated string unfortunately.

Additional moral of the story, go buy a different set every time you change until you find one that makes you go WOW.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712