So, who else on here will be attending Bloodstock 2012 in the UK?
Looking a bit death metal right now but should have a better atmosphere than Download

Also, (should not be considered spamming sorry)
If you click this I get points towards getting VIP tickets >_>
Check out the line-up for Bloodstock 2012!
http://team.bloodstock.uk.com/cc?t=2&m=199
Clicked. Not a bad lineup at all.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Is it like a hell themed amusement park with bands playing? Looks like it should be.
I saw Behemoth a few years ago at mayhem fest in the states, not quite my thing, but they're pretty damn good at what they do.
Quote by Novacane...
Is it like a hell themed amusement park with bands playing? Looks like it should be.

I believe you're thinking of the Dark Carnival of Souls hosted by ICP
Yeah I'll probably be going. Download is in my exams, so is Hellfest and Wacken is sold out... and Sonisphere doesn't look great this year.

Rest of my band have been the last 2 years so I'll probably be going with them this year. Might see you there! Apparently the atmosphere is brilliant!
Check out my fitness blog here
Quote by maiden_man_666
Yeah I'll probably be going. Download is in my exams, so is Hellfest and Wacken is sold out... and Sonisphere doesn't look great this year.

Rest of my band have been the last 2 years so I'll probably be going with them this year. Might see you there! Apparently the atmosphere is brilliant!

awesome, I heard the atmosphere was great, I'm not even into the death stuff that much but my boyfriend is so will hopefully be epic
Quote by RosieRamone
awesome, I heard the atmosphere was great, I'm not even into the death stuff that much but my boyfriend is so will hopefully be epic

Aye same, I've been to Sonisphere last 2 years but this year just doesn't cut it for me.

So far I'll probably be going for Grand Magus, Iced Earth, Testament, Alice Cooper and Orange Goblin but there's still more to be announced.
Quote by maiden_man_666
Aye same, I've been to Sonisphere last 2 years but this year just doesn't cut it for me.

So far I'll probably be going for Grand Magus, Iced Earth, Testament, Alice Cooper and Orange Goblin but there's still more to be announced.

Iced earth will be damn awesome, hoping some more folk and power will be announced soon
New announcement.. also, who do you guys think will be last headliner?

Bloodstock band booker Vicky Gregory say’s:
"To say we are excited is an understatement! This is the biggest metal act we have ever had and a band we have wanted to see at Bloodstock for years.. we’re just gutted we can’t announce them until 6th June at 6pm, but it’s definitely worth the wait!"

http://bloodstock.uk.com/news/index.php?/archives/471-THIRD-HEADLINER-TO-BE-REVEALED-06-SLASH-06-AT-6PM.html
Quote by maiden_man_666
and Sonisphere doesn't look great this year.

Yeah, that got cancelled. I could never go anyways, but I enjoy watching the recordings that air on tv later on.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
I had to lol at the amount of Gothic fonts used on that page almost every bloody band!!!

Having said that, yes it looks good, and no, I'm not going.
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
Quote by This_Kidd
I had to lol at the amount of Gothic fonts used on that page almost every bloody band!!!

Having said that, yes it looks good, and no, I'm not going.

Yeah a lot of people have been complaining about the amount of black and death this year.
Quote by L.T Kickass
Yeah a lot of people have been complaining about the amount of black and death this year.

Fuck 'em.
Quote by Zoot Allures
The world is not split into black and white absolutes and there is a lot more to this than 'goodies' and 'baddies'.
Not sure which is the 'go to' thread out of this one or 'The Bloodstock Thread' in the Metal section in terms of talking about this year's fest.

But I'll ask here too just in case: As I'm hopefully getting a ticket this week, anyone have insights about their first trip to the festival and so on?
Quote by craig-sansum
+10000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote by Sanitarium91
Liking the cosmic toad vocals is a sign of exquisite taste, so good on you!
I thought Dio was dead? Or what the hell is Dio Disciples?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
The line-up is horrific.

I swear the festival's really taken a turn for the worse recently. They had some awesome line-ups and now they've got this...
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Goddamn Europe and your bloody awesome metal festivals
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Went to download this year instead of Bloodstock.
Have to say Download's line up was 50 times better that Bloodstock this year.
3rd band down on the left, what are the called? I can't read it!
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
Lineup is kind of disappointing....Behemoth, Mayhem, Dimmu Borgir, Nile, those are the only bands i'd go for. If i liked in the UK that is.

Quote by stef123
3rd band down on the left, what are the called? I can't read it!

Watain. They're not too bad.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Jul 14, 2012,
Quote by High&Mighty
I saw Behemoth a few years ago at mayhem fest in the states, not quite my thing, but they're pretty damn good at what they do.

Well, I saw Behemoth and it ruled. (waits for someone to get reference)