Anyone own/play any of these? Would you recommend them? What did you feel were their strengths and weaknesses? I have a chance at getting one, but not sure if I should go for it. I'm mainly a bass player, but I've played many LTD guitars and they seem to be quite good.
If it's anything like the old V-500 it's awesome. I think the only main difference is the 300 is made in Indonesia, and the 500 was made in Korea. Have a look at mine (link in my sig) cos it's for sale and you could save yourself a ton of cash
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
350 series LTD's are quite nice (personally I prefer the MH-350 since I'm a superstrat guy, but I digress). I have an H-1007 (a deluxe series LTD) and it's one of the nicest guitars I've ever played.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
they're quite good for the money. they aren't as sophisticated as deluxe series LTD's or ESP's, but they work well. the neck is comfy, the hardware is good and the quality of the construction is quite nice.

if the price is right, they're hard to go wrong with
Yeah I've played many LTDs and haven't come across any bad ones yet!
Good to know, but someone bought the guitar before I could
You can always order another

They're very consistently good.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.