Page 1 of 2
Chimpanzees as a species are the closest evolutionary relative to humans. They're much more intelligent than other animals such as dogs, cats, cows, eagles, etc. They've even used tools and communicated through language (ASL).

Anyways, do you think we as humans should give more consideration to chimps in terms of ethics and morality than other sentient animals such as dogs, pigs, etc.?

I'm sure most of us have some sense of right and wrong with animals. Most of us would think abusing dogs and cats is wrong and disgusting (especially cats).

Do you think chimps deserve better or more ethical treatment/consideration from us because their intelligence and close relation to humans? Or do you think there's no moral reason to treat them any different from other animals that we keep as assistants, clothing or even food?
Running out of thread ideas are we Madcap?

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Nope. Life is life. Suggesting that we, as animals ourselves, are better suited to decide the value of life is arrogant, IMO.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
No. Humans should start treating other humans better before we can move onto chimps.
Quote by The Madcap
Most of us would think abusing dogs and cats is wrong and disgusting (especially dogs)

FTFY

Nobody actually likes cats.
Quote by moscaespañol
Running out of thread ideas are we Madcap?
Bro, people have been saying that shit for the last couple years. Nothing new...
Animals are animals, humans are humans.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by devourke
FTFY

*coughcoughguitarxocoughcough*

Quote by behind_you
Why would you link to a thread that makes you look stupid?

It also has little to do with the OP.

I thought it was an interesting coincidence that we both felt inclined in making threads about chimpanzees so close apart. And I raise some good questions and points in that thread wtf.
Quote by Most_Triumphant
Animals are animals, humans are animals.

Fixed that for you.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Fat Lard
And I raise some good questions and points in that thread wtf.
Quote by Fat Lard
Full grown chimps can rip car doors off hinges, and I think we should be able to do that too.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by moscaespañol
*coughcoughguitarxocoughcough*

guitarxo is just a really committed troll.
All life deserves equal ethical and moral consideration. Intelligence and self awareness are only a couple adaptations, they're not any "better" than photosynthesis.

The problem with the notion of just including chimpanzees is that it can be seen as arbitrary. All the great apes in general are our closest ancestors, the differences in genome are minute. But then again, the differences in mammalian genomes aren't that extreme either, so why not include mice?

And if you want to bring it to an extreme there are various parts of genomes conserved among almost all living species (certain promoter regions on DNA, I think, as one example).
Last edited by technicolour at Mar 3, 2012,
Quote by devourke

you raise an interesting point, derpvourke.

Quote by genghisgandhi
shut the **** up lard is a better thinker than you'll ever be.
I never said he was a bad thinker in general.

Also, you mad.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by The Madcap
Chimpanzees as a species are the closest evolutionary relative to humans. They're much more intelligent than other animals such as dogs, cats, cows, eagles, etc. They've even used tools and communicated through language (ASL).

Anyways, do you think we as humans should give more consideration to chimps in terms of ethics and morality than other sentient animals such as dogs, pigs, etc.?

I'm sure most of us have some sense of right and wrong with animals. Most of us would think abusing dogs and cats is wrong and disgusting (especially cats).

Do you think chimps deserve better or more ethical treatment/consideration from us because their intelligence and close relation to humans? Or do you think there's no moral reason to treat them any different from other animals that we keep as assistants, clothing or even food?

companys are about profit not morals

chimps live in the forest

companys cut down trees

the world is shite
The way we treat other animals has nothing to do with their intelligence otherwise we'd be happy running experiments on people in vegetative states.

We treat them bad because they're not us.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by moscaespañol
you raise an interesting point, derpvourke.

Aw come on, we've played like 1 game together.

EDIT: And I was barely even in that game for a day
^nevermind, you should be banned.
Quote by devourke
Aw come on, we've played like 1 game together.

EDIT: And I was barely even in that game for a day

You're only derpvourke because of your hosting of the pit mafia game

Quote by moscaespañol
^nevermind, you should be banned.

You're only derpvourke because of your hosting of the pit mafia game

I've hosted pretty well IMO. Blame all the derp on the noobs, the coaches and the DTs pretending to be Jesters.
Quote by dazed60

I'm not committed to anything. I'm lazy as fuck
Quote by devourke
I've hosted pretty well IMO. Blame all the derp on the noobs, the coaches and the DTs pretending to be Jesters.

hey, shut up, that would have been a good idea if it worked

correcting this post

Quote by moscaespañol
I kinda like this guy.

if I want to put a saddle and a sombrero on a chimp and ride him to the corner store that's my business.
The more like us they are, the more putrid. I think we should give less moral and ethical consideration to ourselves.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Don't those thing like to rip off peoples and other monkeys dicks? There was also one that severely mauled a woman.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
Quote by Trizek
Don't those thing like to rip off peoples and other monkeys dicks? There was also one that severely mauled a woman.

Quote by genghisgandhi
Oh man, I can't wait for someone to nail you! Wow! You're so cornered, it's gonna be great!

hwhat

Quote by devourke
FTFY

EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME FUCK YOU
cat
Quote by guitarxo
EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME FUCK YOU

Quote by devourke

Last edited by moscaespañol at Mar 4, 2012,
Quote by genghisgandhi
Oh man, I can't wait for someone to nail you! Wow! You're so cornered, it's gonna be great!

Wat?
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
Throw them all in the grinders for all I care. Use the left over mush to lubricate the gears of progress.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
man, if i had to, i would use a human for food. we are all animals...
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Page 1 of 2