So I know I have been posting a lot of amp questions lately, and if that is not allowed, I apologize, but I am trying to find the perfect amp. So here is my new question. Bugera V22, is it any good? I have read mixed reviews. Some say it sounds amazing, and others say the build quality is crap. I can (hopefully) find somewhere I can try it out, so I am not too worried about how it sounds, but I want to know (V22 owners) if it is reliable or if it breaks down all the time. I practice at moderate volumes with a single drummer, and plan on playing gigs with this amp in the future, so I obviously need something I don't need to worry about it breaking down. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
I'll take a stab at this. I've never owned a Bugera though.

I mean if you just want strait answers on this amp then I'll give you my opinion.

If you really want good amp advice then I suggest following the proven 'i need amp help' methodology:

Budget?
Genres?
New or Used?
Location?
Home or Gig? (both)
Current Gear?

The V22 has surprisingly good tones imo, especially for the price. I know Bugera has quality issues in general so for that reason I probably would not gig with one. It was a heat regulator thing on the these amps initially I believe but that was fixed a long time ago using a heat sink I think. Tonally, they are nice. I've played it several times and both channels were nice for rock, jazz, blues. I liked it better than the V55. Hope that helps.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I'll take a stab at this. I've never owned a Bugera though.

I mean if you just want strait answers on this amp then I'll give you my opinion.

If you really want good amp advice then I suggest following the proven 'i need amp help' methodology:

Budget?
Genres?
New or Used?
Location?
Home or Gig? (both)
Current Gear?

The V22 has surprisingly good tones imo, especially for the price. I know Bugera has quality issues in general so for that reason I probably would not gig with one. It was a heat regulator thing on the these amps initially I believe but that was fixed a long time ago using a heat sink I think. Tonally, they are nice. I've played it several times and both channels were nice for rock, jazz, blues. I liked it better than the V55. Hope that helps.

Thanks for all the amp info you've given. In what area(s) is the Bugera most unreliable? Would I be able to repair the amp if it breaks and/or improve some parts of it so it does not have any issues?

Edit: In case this helps, I plan on buying it from Musicians Friend used in "Mint, like factory new" condition for $330, and I might buy a 1 year warranty for $40. I play blues and classic rock (Black Keys, White Stripes, The Raconteurs, John Mayer) and play worship music for children's ministries at my church. I play an Epiphone Dot with Seymour Duncans through an Ibanez TS9 and a vintage Big Muff. I plan on being able to play it at both moderate bedroom volumes and be able to play it loud enough to be heard over a drummer (I'm just a duo band, so I don't need to cut through too much in the mix) during practice. If I were to play a gig, I would mic the amp through our PA.
Last edited by DrewMeyer at Mar 4, 2012,
I think the V22 will work perfectly for you.

I would get the extended warranty.

'Most of the issues that I am aware of are power related. I would say a tech is needed to fix most issues. Really, the V22 has not had a lot of reported issues like the 333 did initially. You should be fine.
I own a bugera, and I would never buy a used one. and for the price your paying, with the waranty you could put $10 more and get a new one that has a factory waranty.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I own a Bugera V22. I also wrote a review on it, you can go through my profile to read it if you haven't already. I have owned it for about a year now and it has never skipped a beat. It has worked flawlessly. Including the foot switch which I believe some have had problems with. I have never had any noise or interference. I think it is a great little amp for the price you pay. Having the warranty though would be a good idea. The sound is crisp and clear even at low volume and sounds very warm. Just so you know I am on a low budget with gear myself and bought mine used so it is fine really but definitely get that warranty.
Thanks everybody, I am set on the V22. For the price/stuff ratio, it wins all out. I am going to buy it used on Musicians Friend with the 1 year warranty. Can't wait! Thanks again for all the input, wouldn't have known where to go otherwise.