View poll results: Robot music opinions
**** that robo-noise, music's gotta come from the heart
8 50%
I for one welcome our new robot overlords
6 38%
I am a robot
2 13%
Voters: 16.
So i was watching footage of IBM's Watson which is basically a super computer that's awesome at Jeopardy.

It made me think about how close we must be to a computer that can write music and poetry that's genuinely affecting based on previous examples.

Would it bother anyone if a robot wrote a song they found really moving? What if all the world's music was written by robots?
lol u know why u still need to study and why even the greatest computer can't do what brain can, and why an iPad can't do ur homework ?

because computers can't resonate, they can do 5+5=10 faster then u but if u tell them i have 5 apples and mi friend gave me 5, how many do i have now, t's easy 4 u and a computer will b ****ed
Quote by STEGMAIER
lol u know why u still need to study and why even the greatest computer can't do what brain can, and why an iPad can't do ur homework ?

because computers can't resonate, they can do 5+5=10 faster then u but if u tell them i have 5 apples and mi friend gave me 5, how many do i have now, t's easy 4 u and a computer will b ****ed

maybe a computer would understand you better if you spoke english.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by STEGMAIER

Computers have come a long way since the calculator man. There's like 12 notes and a finite number of ways to play them so it's completely plausible that a computer will be able to work out the combinations that produce certain emotions.
Quote by moscaespañol
maybe a computer would understand you better if you spoke english.

+1
The human brain is nothing but a computer made from mush. It would be no different if a robot wrote music. We are not so special, you and I.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by ripple07
The human brain is nothing but a computer made from mush. It would be no different if a robot wrote music. We are not so special, you and I.

Quote by dazed60

Perhaps you could respond to the Ts, Satchmo?
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
"what if all the worlds music was written by robots?"

it would be shit

why would humans stop writing music though?
I don't see what Louis Armstrong has to do with this.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Yes, I would be bothered, because that would mean humanity was on the verge of assimilation by it's robot population.
Quote by dazed60
"what if all the worlds music was written by robots?"

it would be shit

why would humans stop writing music though?

Perhaps humans would realize music is a dangerous waste of time. My neighbor, for example, used to be a nice boy. He used to cut the grass. His mind was destroyed by music. He is trying to get with a girl who is probably sucking **** to get back stage. He should have stuck to church oriented activities.
Quote by Gabel
I've heard some pretty neat generative music (process set up by a person but it's a system), Brian Eno did some that I vaguely remember and have had a good crack at doing it myself. I reckon were a robot programmed to hear like we do (pitch especially) and feel rhythm like we do I can only assume it'd make music like we do of course none of us make exactly the same music... that'd be the whole point of an autonomous music-playing robot right?
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by ripple07
Perhaps humans would realize music is a dangerous waste of time. My neighbor, for example, used to be a nice boy. He used to cut the grass. His mind was destroyed by music. He is trying to get with a girl who is probably sucking **** to get back stage. He should have stuck to church oriented activities.

wat
Quote by ripple07

This guy gets it.

Quote by ShevanelFlip
Already there people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTXO7KGHtjI

Of course the asians again....

I fear for humanity when robots can shred the bass like that.