I've been recording tunes here and there and storing them on my computer, but I've been using my Macbook's webcam mic the entire time. Now, the mic itself really isn't terrible, but the issue I have with it is that it always picks up the whirring of my computer fan.

I've decided to try and redo them with better recordings, and therefore need some recording equipment. I got a used Seinheiser e609, but now I need to find an interface. As far as I've seen, they're all really expensive ($140+). However, I just found this thing here:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=usb+recording+interface&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=16388915280274666165&sa=X&ei=vA1TT6y5EOWwiQKLgP2zBg&ved=0CHAQ8gIwAA

which is really cheap. What's the difference between that and this:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/m-audio-fast-track-pro-mobile-usb-interface-with-pro-tools-se/h76482000000000?src=3WWRWXGB&ZYXSEM=0&gclid=CM66uYXVzK4CFUYaQgod3xr-Xg

I mean, all I'm doing is mic'ing one little amp. That's all. What makes the Fast Track Pro better than the Lexicon USB one? Or if any of you guys have recommendations for interfaces or what to look for in an interface, that might even be more helpful.
HEY HEY HEY PAY ATTENTION TO ME

...never mind, I got nothing.

Play the blues in five easy steps!
Quote by SGen
1) Be black
2) Have very horrible things happen to you
3) pick up a guitar
4) ???
5) Play blues
I'm using the Alpha, it's served me well, though after almost 4 years of heavy use and being thrown in luggage and lugged around the country it has developed a nasty buzz when recording in stereo and will need to be replaced. I also used a variation of the Fast Track at the TV studio where I used to work, and it worked wonderfully, but I'm not sure it's worth the extra money if you're just recording one track at a time.

tl;dr: Alpha is just as good if you're just recording one guitar at a time.
Probably not a huge difference, aside from the obvious ones, like the the M-Audio having an extra mic preamp. The Fast Track's preamps are probably just as poor as the Lexicon's, though. However, I've heard decent things about the Alpha in relation to its price.

You get Cubase LE with the Lexicon, which in itself is worth more than the $60, cause you can upgrade to Cubase 6 for only $300 (instead of $500) with it. Pro Tools SE comes with the M-Audio interface, which is a much more crippled version of the DAW than Cubase LE.

Really though, you get what you pay for. For $200 (or ~$150 new on eBay), you could get a Focusrite Saffire 6, which will last you far longer, as it has preamps and conversion that blow away practically everything else in its price range. It's up to you really as to whether or not the better quality is worth it to you right now, but it seems kinda dumb to me to spend $110 on a pretty nice mic, and then skimp out on the interface. The mic is only as good as its preamp.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Alright... now, as I mentioned earlier, I'm a newbie to this stuff, so can you describe what a better preamp means? I know a little about preamps (as in just their function, and nothing more), but I don't really know what a better preamp implicates.
HEY HEY HEY PAY ATTENTION TO ME

...never mind, I got nothing.

Play the blues in five easy steps!
Quote by SGen
1) Be black
2) Have very horrible things happen to you
3) pick up a guitar
4) ???
5) Play blues