It's always been a fucked up part of being a human that your social status had been determined by a preset factor of who you were born into. Old royalty was religious royalty, new royalty is monetary royalty, but all royalty is power royalty. Everyone knows that. So that's where you come into the picture. In older ways, you were tied to the social status you were born into, as that was largely the tradition in most of the world - the Indian caste system is a good example. But in modern times, we've grown up a little bit, etc. with the advent of the technology age. Now you have on what appears to be equal competing grounds. How do you define social status now? And if we can settle on a definition, to what extent do you care about it?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie

OT: I care about it to some extent. At my school, there isn't really a whole class system. There's the massive group of guys who hang out at the courts, the rejects/socially awkward tards, the lads (chavs/rednecks), and the lads-but-not-massive-douches. I'm just part of the massive group and apart from that I'm not bothered about my status. I don't go out of my way to impress people or anything, I just like to have a laugh.
West Ham United
Last edited by King Donkey at Mar 4, 2012,
I used to care about it a whole lot, but not really anymore. I think self-confidence kind of erases the necessity for such a worry, which is why it's such a huge deal before and during high school.
idgaf
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
i don't really care, but i think a big part of why i don't care is because i don't really have any adversity to face. i don't have to care, i know I'm pretty much going to be alright. my life is comfortable, so I'm content to just do what i like to do and be happy overall
When it comes to furthering my social status through material things, then nooope. But through other actions yeah I guess, we pretty much all do, whether it is uploading pics from your latest fab trip abroad or talking about your skills in a field of interest.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by King Donkey
I care about it to some extent. At my school, there isn't really a whole class system. There's the massive group of guys who hang out at the courts, the rejects/socially awkward tards, the lads (chavs/rednecks), and the lads-but-not-massive-douches. I'm just part of the massive group and apart from that I'm not bothered about my status. I don't go out of my way to impress people or anything, I just like to have a laugh.

I was approaching it from the working man's perspective. It's a whole another game when you get out into the real world and start working for other people. It's interesting to see it from the high school perspective, though I never really though about that during high school because I was so damn busy. In that sense, I was chill with both the nerd crowd and the cool crowd. The cool crowd are the low grades, party much people of course.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Don't care much really. Most of my friends are musicians and people often leave me alone at school.......So i just take my IPod and listen some metal music.
I'm always kind to the riff raff.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
I'm Polish nobility. My great great grandfather or something like that.

As far as caring about others opinions of me, I always followed this one phrase: "If you don't like the way I look then don't ****ing look at me." I was actually the only guy with long hair in my high school; there was a total of three metalheads.
..I was watching my death.
I care about how I stand with people I respect, with people that are honorable.

Outside of that, I be as decent as I'm able because I believe living honorably is the right thing to do, and don't care much for how people outside of those I respect or care about view me for it. Frankly, if the honorable thing to do is something that makes someone dislike me, I don't want much of anything to do with them, so their opinion means little at all.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Social status doesnt really matter that much unless you want to do something extra-ordinary. By this I dont mean climb a mountain, but like politics, start a big business etc.
Other than that you can try and make it just by working hard and being good at your job. Well thats what its like over here, I guess its probably different in America as you have to pay for your healthcare and that kind of shit :P
icngloaf
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Lets just say I care more about my social status than I do about homeless people or dragonflies.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.