Poll: Will you still buy fat products, if the price is increased by 50%?
Poll Options
View poll results: Will you still buy fat products, if the price is increased by 50%?
Yes, I have enough money!
13 17%
Yes
30 39%
No...
23 30%
No, way too much for me.
11 14%
Voters: 77.
Page 1 of 2
Hey guys,

I must ask this for school... Please give me an answer I'll give some information:

The vettax is a tax that people must pay on food that has alot of fat. Chicken nuggets in McDonald can be risen in price with 1 euro, so instead of the normal price 2 euros, it will become 3 euros. But chocolates in stores may also be increased in price, from 5 euros to 7 euros.

If this happends, will you still buy these fat products, even tho they are increased 50% in price?
why would they tax fat.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
To make sure nobody gets fat. It's just one way of doing it. I'm against it tbh but for school I must be for it -.- There is nothing to write about this shit, so I'll just make a pole hehe
This is basically the strategy they use for cigarettes. It's stupid, it won't solve anything, and it's just another way of saying "We know what will kill you, but we'd still rather make money off of it."
Lol don't go thinking I don't know what makes people fat :p BTW fat does make people fat but not only fat makes people fat. Fat is one of the things, and we must discuss about it. Please dont go trolling about the vettax, if you want to troll about it go to the goverment lol. I just need to know who will still but choclate etc if the price goes up lol
Quote by Magero
This is basically the strategy they use for cigarettes. It's stupid, it won't solve anything, and it's just another way of saying "We know what will kill you, but we'd still rather make money off of it."

It is yes. The goverment will do anything to earn money lololol
I don't buy much of that kind of shite anyway. I'd still buy it on the same odd occasion as I do now though

Does anyone else think the word 'occasion' looks really fucking weird?
I wouldn't be much affected by this since I don't eat a lot of those things
They did that at my old school actually. They increased the price of the unhealthier products by about that amount, and reduced the cost on the healthy ones.

Made ****all of a difference, everyone kept buying as much junkfood as they were before. Just were annoyed that they had to pay more.
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
That's stupid, fat is healthy. Except if you eat far too much of it, but that is actually pretty hard. Sugar is much worse.
Hmmm, this doesn't go with my presentation, must change it now lol, or I'll photoshop 'Yes' into 'Yes, but much less!'

hehehe

She'll never know!
too many lol's dude.
and taxes suck, like look at cigarettes, you pay like 10 times more what they are worth in taxes.
i think we could all do without taxes on food.
Quote by WantsLesPaul
You are a sick man, Riley.
I don't mind taxes on cigarette, I don't smoke, I find them annoying. Put more taxes on the sigarette and less on the food!
Yes, and I'll spend less money on healthy choices so I can afford the delicious unhealthy foods.
And if that means getting scurvy, well, I'd quite like a career change to pirate, so I'd be on my way there.
Thats also possible :P But don't mind scurvy, you only get that if you don't get enough Vitamin C. It'll take a while before you run out of it :P
Quote by KelbeyW
Thats also possible :P But don't mind scurvy, you only get that if you don't get enough Vitamin C. It'll take a while before you run out of it :P

Yarrr.
I got a feeling... (oooo... oooe... ooee..) That you waaant to become a pirate...

Screw it im not going on. Cant believe I need like 2x more poll-answers before I can use this...
will they tax cooking oil?
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Does that mean butter will be ridiculously expensive?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I got no idea I think it's a stupid rule. But for school I must be for it and pretend I want it to become a rule.

WHO THE **** INVENTS A RULE LIKE THIS?

Can't they make a rule that people with an overweight must go to the sportschool or something? Then us normal people don't get messed up too.
Anyone who try to implement such a rule would probably think it makes people buying less fatty foods. The most likely outcome is that people would probably spend more on the same amount of fatty food instead.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Stupidity kills more people than fat. They should tax the dumb.

Kinda puts it all into perspective now doesn't it.

Edit: Yeah, I probably won't be able to back that up with statistics but you know its true.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Last edited by mystical_1 at Mar 4, 2012,
Quote by mystical_1
Stupidity kills more people than fat. They should tax the dumb.

Kinda puts it all into perspective now doesn't it.

Edit: Yeah, I probably won't be able to back that up with statistics but you know its true.

Reminds me of this great Mitchell and Webb sketch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owI7DOeO_yg
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
I have enough trouble maintaining a healthy weight as it is (I'm nearly underweight). It would make a dent in my budget but I'd still buy the fatty foods.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
We could always just put all the fatties in a giant hamster wheel, attach a dynamo and hang a box of donuts at their eye level.
They'd lose weight(or be trampled to death), and generate an assload of power.

What could go wrong?
Unless they are putting it towards health care, then I think it's a stupid idea. Another way the human race is attempting to fight evolution.
voted yes, but i don't really eat that kind of stuff too often.

there's another related issue i could bring up, but i'm not trying to derail your thread.
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Damn, both ways are the opposite of 'sticking it to the man.' Bastards..
Actually, if you don't buy the taxed foods, you're 'sticking it to the man.' The point of the tax is to make money, clearly.
ggg1 ggg3

If your country provides healthcare then in theory this tax works.
This is where "the government shouldn't care what you inject in your body" argument used to advocate decriminalizing drugs doesn't work.
How ever if these drugs were taxed, it could make up for the money lost used to treat these drug users.
Just a thought that came to mind.
Day man
Fighter of the Night man
Champion of the sun
You’re a master of karate and friendship…for everyone
Quote by yaaarp
If your country provides healthcare then in theory this tax works.
This is where "the government shouldn't care what you inject in your body" argument used to advocate decriminalizing drugs doesn't work.
How ever if these drugs were taxed, it could make up for the money lost used to treat these drug users.
Just a thought that came to mind.

I think the goverment does provide healthcare, it's one of my arguments for this essay thing. When the tax is going through, the goverment will have some spare money less for 2 reasons:

1. The taxes that are being paid.
2. less health care.

There are ALOT of problems you get by being overweight AND they cost the goverment alot.

Quote by jakesmellspoo
there's another related issue i could bring up, but i'm not trying to derail your thread.

Thx for staying on topic :p
I'd be extremely angry at it, but fatty foods are the best kinds of food, and I'm gonna get my fat.

Now that I think about it, I live in Arkansas, I'll just kill my own food like a real man. Let me change my vote to no.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Page 1 of 2