Poll: are the youth in england really that bad?
Poll Options
View poll results: are the youth in england really that bad?
it's really that bad! our youth are f*cking hopeless! :rant:
28 27%
not that bad at all, they just like to glorify the violence; make it seem worse than it is :mad:
19 18%
america is way, way worse :(
8 8%
well it's really only london that's being portrayed like that.. :shrug:
5 5%
so you base your opinion off a few movies? do you believe everything you see? :facepalm:
16 15%
pff, i'd walk into their toughest neighborhood and be like 'come at me bro' f*cking pussies :haha:
5 5%
you act like england is the only country doing doomed-youth films :peace:
5 5%
i'd never want to live there, seems like disgusting cesspool :puke:
19 18%
Voters: 105.
Page 1 of 2
whats with the english making all these doomed-youth films the past decade or so? there's been a shitload of them, its basically become its own genre "english youth doing really bad things" always portraying teens as these callous monsters. henry brown, zebra crossing, kidadulthood, bullet boy, skins show, slicky, and many many more i cant name off the top. right now i'm watching this new one called 'sket' and it makes me wonder if engalnd's youth are really as bad as they seem to portray themselves? I mean, american youth are WAAY worse but our film industry doesn't put it out there all the time and ram it down everyone's throats like the english do

seems like a horrible ****ing place to live
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Emphasis should be on THAT, not bad.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Fact is nobody has ever proven smoking to cause cancer.
+1 Kensai

Some kids just dont have any respect TS.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
It's pretty good,obviously you get the wrong neighbourhoods and shit. Most of them are great it's just some that ruin it and everyone focuses on the bad rather than the good.
]
It's the same here in Australia. But even worse. They throw live red back spiders and blue ringed octopuses at you just for looking at them wrong. ****ing lads, No respect...
I feel that as a Youth of England I should step in and defend us.
But no...it does seem that everything is going downhill. I know a worrying amount of people my age (18) or younger with kid or kids. Everyones IQ is dropping at a rate that makes Darwin roll in his grave like he's attatched to a electric screwdriver.
The problem is that the government sits back and does nothing while the morons of society claim benefits, then have more kids, claim more benefits and have more kids, which then have more kids, all of whom are ****ing retarded wankers that will go out to Wetherspoons, get drunk and pick a fight with anyone.
Then they decide to riot. Why? because they want a new pair of trackies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_gnuuO8jWM This wanker sums everything up.
Lets kill them
Quote by AgainstYou
Emphasis should be on THAT, not bad.

This.
Quote by Powersurge213
The problem is that the government sits back and does nothing while the morons of society claim benefits, then have more kids, claim more benefits and have more kids,

"It's my right to have a kid." - Yeah fuck off, you should only be having a kid if you can fucking afford it mate. Get tae fuck.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Call of Duty and Ed Sheeran is ruining the youth of today.

Ed Sheeran's not that BAD
Meh, I would put it down to the decline of respect and values from a crumbling public education system that fails to inspire and stretch the youth, compiled with the failing economic situation and the 'war on terror' etc that disillusions the youth with the establishment to a point where they feel victimised and they have to fight the establishment...
Quote by Powersurge213
I feel that as a Youth of England I should step in and defend us.
But no...it does seem that everything is going downhill. I know a worrying amount of people my age (18) or younger with kid or kids. Everyones IQ is dropping at a rate that makes Darwin roll in his grave like he's attatched to a electric screwdriver.
The problem is that the government sits back and does nothing while the morons of society claim benefits, then have more kids, claim more benefits and have more kids, which then have more kids, all of whom are ****ing retarded wankers that will go out to Wetherspoons, get drunk and pick a fight with anyone.
Then they decide to riot. Why? because they want a new pair of trackies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_gnuuO8jWM This wanker sums everything up.
Lets kill them

Quote by Powersurge213
Meh, I would put it down to the decline of respect and values from a crumbling public education system that fails to inspire and stretch the youth, compiled with the failing economic situation and the 'war on terror' etc that disillusions the youth with the establishment to a point where they feel victimised and they have to fight the establishment...

Kumani, is that you?

Respect goes both ways.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Lack of respect, lack of education, too much alcohol, basically. I heard that only 5% of teenagers in Britain get GCSEs grade A*-C, but then again, it could be the schools.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
What's up with these crazy polls in the last year. Are they the new hype?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Depends on the paper you read. If you read the Guardian, they are misunderstood by the government, if you read the Mail, they are moral-free sex crazed rioters.

To conclude, I'd argue we're the same as any teenagers around the world.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Mr.-Bungle
It's the same here in Australia. But even worse. They throw live red back spiders and blue ringed octopuses at you just for looking at them wrong. ****ing lads, No respect...

That's overdoing it a bit, but it's true. You only have to glance at them and they'll be like, "What the f**k are you lookin at?"

Unnecessary and anti-social.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Last edited by stealstrings at Mar 4, 2012,
To be honest most all these films are about inner-city (mostly London) little twats.

There's a lot of scally bastards out there, but apart from larger cities there's not many like that.

Funnily enough I watched a film last night about some "hoodies" breaking into a school after it closed and killing all the staff.
Quote by MadClownDisease

Funnily enough I watched a film last night about some "hoodies" breaking into a school after it closed and killing all the staff.

'F' ?
i'm a youth and i don't go around stealin' and shankin'. shock or disgust makes people want to watch stuff.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
the likes of kidulthood and sket are made to raise awareness (sort of) of what life's like for some people.

sweeping it under the rug doesn't solve the problem or make it go away. Why hide all that stuff when it can be made into a source of inspiration for something positive?

It's no different to films like menace to society, juice, south central etc.

That said, it's only a representation of a cross section of a small subset of society. To base your opinion of the UK on that would be like me basing my opinion of the US on the film Escape from New York
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Call of Duty and Ed Sheeran is ruining the youth of today.

This.

Edit: Your poll is retarded.

Quote by Woffelz
Lack of respect, lack of education, too much alcohol, basically. I heard that only 5% of teenagers in Britain get GCSEs grade A*-C, but then again, it could be the schools.

If it was only 5%, we'd be way more ****ed than we are now.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by killjoy_bentley
whats with the english making all these doomed-youth films the past decade or so? there's been a shitload of them, its basically become its own genre "english youth doing really bad things" always portraying teens as these callous monsters. henry brown, zebra crossing, kidadulthood, bullet boy, skins show, slicky, and many many more i cant name off the top. right now i'm watching this new one called 'sket' and it makes me wonder if engalnd's youth are really as bad as they seem to portray themselves? I mean, american youth are WAAY worse but our film industry doesn't put it out there all the time and ram it down everyone's throats like the english do

How is American youth worse?
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by CrunchyRoll
How is American youth worse?

Project X
Superbad
American History X

etc.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
It's not just the youth. Wherever I see the English my head starts to hurt. You're not stupid or anything but you have a certain attitude and behaviour that fits well with the more redneck part of the Slovene population. I guess it's just a cultural difference.

Strangely, you're all pretty kewl on the interwebz.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Mar 4, 2012,
Quote by Woffelz

Calling bollocks on that one.

http://www.bstubbs.co.uk/5a-c.htm
Quote by Cloaca
Calling bollocks on that one.

http://www.bstubbs.co.uk/5a-c.htm

The problem isn't the grades, it seems to be that despite those grades, they (reportedly) still lack communication, language and maths skills.
I can't really say that Scotland is greatly different, or that the 'curriculum for suckage excellence' will improve things; but maybe it's just because I'm getting old and cranky.

Get off my lawn.

Also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDcbO2bRxhg
Quote by killjoy_bentley

The best thing about England is I can buy alcohol. Not even kidding haha.

Oh and I personally like the drivers seat on the right side, as well as driving on the left side.

I feel like I'm off topic, but I'm sure people will agree
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Around about the time of the English riots I saw a very interesting video in which a guy postulated his hypothesis on the matter. Unfortunately I can't remember who he was or if he was someone whose opinion carried any authority, but I remember thinking he made a lot of sense.

I suppose the heart of the matter was prospects. 10-20 years ago this was a fact: Good Education (be it school, college or University) = good job = live long and prosper. That's what my parents taught me, it's probably what all your parents teach you, but the fact of the matter is, this is no longer a fact. The gentleman who made the video said "our kids no longer believe this", and they have plenty of grounds not to. The graduate job market is over-saturated in the UK, there are now more qualified individuals than there are appropriate jobs for them in this country, and in many areas the number of jobs is in decline if not free-fall as companies seek out the cheaper talent in places like China and Singapore. Why run a site, office, production facility etc in the UK (or indeed as it transpires, Europe at large) at the cost of X Million when you can offer tasty relocation packages to the top few brains (if you need them) and ship them off to a new facility in China that costs 0.5X Million to run?

Kids today are scared of the future because they can't see one, and I think it'd be extremely unfair to place the blame squarely on the individuals when circumstance plays as much part if not more than character.

btw, Judas Priest wrote a song about this in 1980, half of you probably learned it when you were new to guitar, but who ever really listened to the words? Do it now. How ****ing apt?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L397TWLwrUU&ob=av3e
God I wanna make a mirror thread do bad

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by stealstrings
That's overdoing it a bit, but it's true. You only have to glance at them and they'll be like, "What the f**k are you lookin at?"

Unnecessary and anti-social.

Dude I think he was joking. Cool your jets hot shot.
Almost every girl I went to school with has a kid now. They pop up on Facebook all the time and their profile pic will be a picture of a baby, and their name will be like "First Name 'Baby's name's Mummy' Last name." They're always the ones that were from the council estates and were bumfuck retarded at everything other than taking dicks.

Cool story incoming: When we were about 14-15, me and a few mates were hanging out after school in a park that happened to be in a council estate (friend lived there). A wild group of chav girls appeared and had a male chav friend with them. They all came over to us, got condoms out, and asked us if we wanted to fuck them behind the bushes. We politely declined their generous offer of public copulation and then the male threatened to stab us up the nostril.
*parp*
Quote by Bleurgh
the male threatened to stab us up the nostril.

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH What the **** is that shit.
Worst threat ever.
Quote by Bleurgh
Almost every girl I went to school with has a kid now. They pop up on Facebook all the time and their profile pic will be a picture of a baby, and their name will be like "First Name 'Baby's name's Mummy' Last name." They're always the ones that were from the council estates and were bumfuck retarded at everything other than taking dicks.

Cool story incoming: When we were about 14-15, me and a few mates were hanging out after school in a park that happened to be in a council estate (friend lived there). A wild group of chav girls appeared and had a male chav friend with them. They all came over to us, got condoms out, and asked us if we wanted to fuck them behind the bushes. We politely declined their generous offer of public copulation and then the male threatened to stab us up the nostril.

Possibly more 'pimp' than 'friend'.
Page 1 of 2