Putting this in hardcore because we all know what happens to breakdowns in the metal forum.
Absolutely loving this guy's project. He's basically just gone "screw it, I wanna write music that I can play Sonic too" and I think he's done a much better job at mixing his influences than 95% of those chiptunecore bands going around, even if the production is pretty sterile. Lava Canyon's synths are pretty much the greatest thing I've heard all year.

BandCamp
Facebook
I think it KINDA works... Not completely, but there's something to be said for videogame music feeling kinda "mechnical". Seriously though, every time the little synth run starts in Lava Canyon, I just start giggling like a school girl. So good. Have decided to name it nindjento.
Fuck that, start a self aware chiptune-djentcore project of your own and call it Nindjento.
So is the amount of win those synths produce. CAN'T GET OVER THIS FREAKIN' SONG.
The riff at 2:16 in Lava Canyon, holy fuck, I AM playing Sonic right now.
Lava Canyon is the shit.

I've decided that play throughs of this album will see me skip tracks 3 and 4, because the Warp Zone is always in level 2.
Last edited by blake1221 at Mar 4, 2012,
Love it.
Zone 3 is so funky, though. I want to collab with this guy for the next StC release.

Magedit: After hearing enough 8-string riffs, I now want to call him Mesega.

Magedit Part II: The editening; http://skysanctuary.bandcamp.com/track/starlight-fortress-final-boss
Holy hell, YES. So much swagger.
Last edited by Magero at Mar 4, 2012,
The only problem I have with this is that the guitar tone is pants.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I'll give it a listen, but forewarning, I hate djent.

EDIT: Yeah, can't say I like it, kinda fun but just really not something I enjoy
Last edited by punkforlife93 at Mar 4, 2012,
Quote by Magero

Magedit: After hearing enough 8-string riffs, I now want to call him Mesega.

Joey from Sky Sanctuary here.

Just seen this, thanks for the feedback. Glad to see other people are enjoying it too It seems Lava Canyon is the most popular which is great to hear, as it was the last track to be written before the release of the album!

@Magero, I would totally be down for a collab. Just let me know.

As for the whole "Nindjento" thing, I believe I was coined that when I put my first demo out, I've just kept to "8-Bit Prog Metal" though :P

There's more to come soon, in the mean time I'll leave you with this if you haven't seen it already: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s9zb896YIA

Cheers.
When I heard "Videogame influenced "djent"/prog metalcore" I thought Last Chance to Reason, but these guys use the whole 8 bit thing and all. Quite interesting.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
Quote by jCo76

@Magero, I would totally be down for a collab. Just let me know.

Yes.
So. Much. Yes.

Seriously, I'll hit you up via FB. Throw a few ideas, see what happens.
Quote by jCo76

coined