View song in profile - Denied Rejection

Wrote this when I was younger. Now that I'm older producing some of my old tracks is fun. Please let me know if I can improve on it.

Crit 4 Crit Please leave a link to your song so I may return the favor. The more you write the more I write

I plan on releasing an EP this year so this is just a test of whats to come xD
Click My Library to see what I've written

My Library
I think you need a sample library as all the samples sound the same. Try Kontakt for your DAW.

Also I think it gets too messy later on, you can't hear anything that clearly, though again I think this is down to the samples really.

It's very exciting, would love to hear with some samples :]

Please comment on mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1522646
Quote by l3xbi
I think you need a sample library as all the samples sound the same. Try Kontakt for your DAW.

Also I think it gets too messy later on, you can't hear anything that clearly, though again I think this is down to the samples really.

It's very exciting, would love to hear with some samples :]

Please comment on mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1522646

I am using a sample library.Thnx for the kind words. Will return the favor xD

My Library
Last edited by Jonathan Trejo at Mar 4, 2012,
Listening as I type: Starts off pretty exhilarating, kinda like sh*t's about to go down. I was right haha, this next part is exciting. I think it was too short, just when it was bringing up the mood it ended! I think the master volume should probably go a bit lower (sounds like it's almost clipping), it was a bit too loud compared to commercially produced stuff. I do like the string compositions, and I think the percussion is pretty kick ass too, fits the vibe really well!

Overall, well done man I enjoyed those 46 seconds, haha!
C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1519446
Quote by aaron aardvark
Trejo,
I liked the orchestral part (audio-wise & melody-wise). The drums/percussion beats are good, but I didn't think those sounds fit the orchestral part unless you bring in distorted guitar or some synths that don't sound orchestral. Ending is abrupt. Please review my music at this newer link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1522714

Coincidentally i reviewed this topic while you critted my song. Funny how our timing is xD

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1515043

My Library
I liked this alot, if you can get more realistic sounding instruments out of it I think it would sound 10 times better. It honestly sounds like something that would be in a drama/action just like when someone previously said "shits about to go down".

Look into post production for movies?

Sounds great nonetheless
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
I like it a lot man! The instruments didnt sound that good the way they were, BUT U can tell the composition is very good. If you can get some better sounding instrumentation/a better mix, it would be really amazing! I can tell the composition is great, so thats 99% of it. I dug it a lot man!
If you guys would be so kind as to tell me when it's clashing as in frequencies around what times? I'd much appreciate it. I'll work on the mixing / mastering end for sure keep em coming Crit 4 Crit FTW!

My Library
woahh that was cool, why was it soo short? i needs to be longer!! or it would be a good kinda of opener to a different song. Good though, it does have that sh*ts about to go down feel towards it!
The orchestrral part was really good. How did you make it? Next section was really epic You shuld make this bigger than 46 seconds I cant say anything about the production, bacause i dont have a headset right now, and my pc speakers are really bad.
Quote by Usernames sucks
The orchestrral part was really good. How did you make it? Next section was really epic You shuld make this bigger than 46 seconds I cant say anything about the production, bacause i dont have a headset right now, and my pc speakers are really bad.

FL Studio is how I produce my music xD

My Library
Really liked the intro melody for 'Denied Rejection'. Whilst the synths sound a little bit fuzzy, it still gives off a really intense vibe. You should progress it man! Promising.
'Washington song 4 with drums' has a sick melody with the guitar, I can't tell if that's a slide or a bend haha, but either way it sounds good!
Only thing I could suggest improving on is overall sound quality, some synths sound a bit fuzzy and out of place with the rest. Other than that, progress some of this stuff man, got some really interesting sounds coming out; think they have good potential for a metal-epic
Very cool sounding. One thing that was already mentioned above is the samples. The musicality of it I like a lot, but the samples really don't do it justice. Try working on finding better samples. It gives off a very dramatic actiony sort of vibe which sounds like it's going to progress into something more. I definitely think it should be longer
Well it has some interesting action/adventure movie vibe, nice mood and great tension which is increasing through whole song, but it ends suddenly, which spoils the fun, you should make it longer, but I guess you already know that. I wouldn't also make it so laud, for my taste it was too much. Overall good work, keep it up.
Thanks for the crit on mine.

Piano is nice in the intro and strings sound great when they come in. The second half gets a little fuzzy in sound. But overall it's really great, very epic sounding like it's building up to something big. Very short, so would work well as an intro to something longer. What there was of it though, I loved
I felt that there were a few minor timing errors, but holy balls, man. This is awesome. The tones aren't the best and could be a lot better, but I love this. Backed by a full live orchestra, this would be mind-blowing if it were made into a full complete instrumental track. Excellent work. I'd like to see this worked on more, maybe re-done.

Thanks for the crit!
Damn, that was some sick heavy metal orchestra s**t. Totally wasn't expecting that! The strings were put together very well but felt very inhuman. Of course that's the hardest part of any virtual instrument. Keep working at it and see if you can put a little more life into the strings and piano. I really like the energy of the kick drum. Very cool sound
I really enjoyed that, reminds me alot of Harry Gregson Williams work with the Metal Gear Solid soundtrack. You've got some really great rhythms going on in there that really drive it forward. My only criticism is the same as mentioned before, the instruments could sound slightly more realistic/human, if you ever have the chance to adjust them you will have an epic little piece that you could expand into something amazing.
Yeah I was aiming for something along the lines of a movie soundtrack. I plan on getting new sample libraries soon so we'll see! Keep the crits coming xD

My Library