Between my UX1 and a Saffire 6?

I've been thinking about upgrading my interface for a while and I know that the Saffire 6 get's pretty positive reviews around here. So my question is, is it worth the investment to pick up a Saffire 6 to replace my UX1? Would I notice a major line in quality increase? Would I still be able to use PodFarm if I really wanted to for some reason?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I'd be surprised if you noticed a real improvement in quality. They seem to be two similar devices at two similar price points. (quick search says zzsounds has the UX1 at $149 and the Saffire 6 at $199)

Given that, I would expect them to be both quite similar.

Mind you, I don't have any experience with either of these.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
As said they're both within the same sort of price bracket and hence it's not really an "upgrade" and you won't notice a difference to the results it provides. Personally I wouldn't buy Line 6 in the first place, the Saffire 6 is more expensive just because it'll be a better built product, and it provides a few more hardware features which you won't utilise if you're getting along fine with the UX1.
When I switched from Line 6 to Focusrite I could tell a noticeable difference in the preamp's headroom. The big question for you (OP) however, is do you intend on using any Line 6 software?
http://www.twitter.com/iamcIine

ESP Eclipse II Standard
Krank Revolution+
Krank Revolution 4x12
MXR 10-Band EQ
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR Custom Comp
Maxon OD808
Boss NS-2
The Focusrite preamps seem a little louder on dynamic mics, and maybe a tiny bit clearer towards the top of the gain (I only noticed this when turning everything up and seeing how loud they were, normally you prob wouldn't notice the difference).

I have a UX2, with a tiny bit of experience on Saffire 6. The UX2 feels cheap and the gauges are annoying the way they are set up stock (they don't normally measure input, but only output...it would be nice if one was input and one was output.)

Note: Gauages aren't on UX1 if I recall.

I would use either over M-Audio. I got UX2 just for Pod Farm which is meh. Guitar Rig, Amplitube3, and about every other amp sim is better than Pod Farm.
I don't know about the Saffire, but from what I've read the preamps are better. I have a UX1 and you're really just paying for Pod Farm. Some people love it and some don't. Really, I think if you're going to upgrade then go for something that has 6/8 inputs if you need them. I just couldn't see spending the money to buy a Saffire 6 and taking a chance that you may not notice a difference or if you do it won't be much.
Quote by ronhoward
I don't know about the Saffire, but from what I've read the preamps are better. I have a UX1 and you're really just paying for Pod Farm. Some people love it and some don't. Really, I think if you're going to upgrade then go for something that has 6/8 inputs if you need them. I just couldn't see spending the money to buy a Saffire 6 and taking a chance that you may not notice a difference or if you do it won't be much.

Yeah I wouldn't go Ux1 just to Saffire 6. I would save up and going to more inputs or something that is amazing and cost a lot more.

I am going from a UX2 to a Steinberg MR816X (or the newer version) next. I have had a bunch of interfaces in the price range from Ux1-UX2 and they really aren't all that different.
I would say so, yes.

Upgrading from my UX2 to a Presonus Firepod, the difference was like night and day. The Focusrite has better preamps and conversion than the Presonus did. The mic preamps in the Line 6 stuff is pretty poor IMO. I guess it depends on what you're monitoring through, though, you might not notice a difference if you're going through something cheap and your room acoustics are crap.

You also gain the ability to use condenser mics, since the UX1 doesn't have phantom power.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I would say so, yes.

Upgrading from my UX2 to a Presonus Firepod, the difference was like night and day. The Focusrite has better preamps and conversion than the Presonus did. The mic preamps in the Line 6 stuff is pretty poor IMO.

You also gain the ability to use condenser mics, since the UX1 doesn't have phantom power.

nvm if you don't have phantom power definitely do it!
So we're going for a it's worth it?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
So we're going for a it's worth it?

Depends what you're using it for. Do you own/use a microphone at all, or is it just for going direct in with a guitar/bass?