I regularly wash out jam jars and recycle
51 30%
My carbon footprint is very low
17 10%
I am a unwashed hippy and i wanna get stoned
21 12%
Voters: 172.
Page 1 of 3
How much do you really care about the environment/global warming issues?

I feel it is pretty futile with China and other countries burning so many fuels etc, but i dont go out my way to be destructive. I dont really recycle much and i done have a resuable bag for shopping.
Last edited by Sir-Shredalot at Mar 4, 2012,
Why are we wasting money on green issues when there's no reliable penis-enlargment procedure?
Surely that would negate the need for anyone to have an oversized, uneconomic car.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Why are we wasting money on green issues when there's no reliable penis-enlargment procedure?
Surely that would negate the need for anyone to have an oversized, uneconomic car.

Excellent point.

But what about for yummy mummys who buy 4x4s?
I recycle, I re-use anything I can E.G boxes, bags, tins for storage, I generally buy items that have minimal packaging.

All of this is for naught though because I constantly have electrical appliances on. I'm just trying to offset my own footprint.
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
Excellent point.

But what about for yummy mummys who buy 4x4s?

I should have sex with several times a week so they're too tired and vaginally and anally stretched to wish to drive any vehicle.
I recycle and re-use things like condoms and so on.
But I'd never drive a hybrid or electric car.
i'm pro self-preservation so i can be pretty lazy in terms of mass preservation

and i also don't care for things that i know won't affect me in my lifetime
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
China's kind of a mixed bag. On the one hand they divert and dam huge rivers and rape the land but on the other hand they are investing more money in renewable energy than anyone else... So hopefully they get their act together sometime, its not too late for them.

Anyways, I hope to make my profession out of the Environmental Sciences so I guess I care... but I'm no hippy just a scientist.
Quote by SG_dave
I recycle, I re-use anything I can E.G boxes, bags, tins for storage, I generally buy items that have minimal packaging.

All of this is for naught though because I constantly have electrical appliances on. I'm just trying to offset my own footprint.

This.
I think this is the wrong question.

How much do you people even really know about the environment?

How much do you think you know?

How much do you just want to be in on the big thing and would roast a koala if it was popular?
Quote by seabear70
I think this is the wrong question.

How much do you think you know?

How much do you just want to be in on the big thing and would roast a koala if it was popular?

The fuck?
Unless the recycle bin is next to the trash bin.. Then no, I dont recycle.. Although I rather have an Electric car rather than a gas one. So, i guess I care about the environment, just too lazy to do any of the work for it.
ESP LTD m400
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ Sanpera I
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09
I care quite a lot, me and my family are indeed one of those "wash out the jam jars, we'll use them later" families.

So yeah, I recycle a fair amount and petition stuff as often as possible. Now I'm 18 I can head out to some marches and whatnot when they arise.

@laid-to-waste That's apathetic bullshit.
Quote by Sir-Shredalot

I feel it is pretty futile with China and other countries burning so many fuels etc.

Wat?
I'm not a James Hetfield fan
My username is "hames jetfield" because "farty mriedman" sounds weird.

Quote by laid-to-waste
i have rabies from licking my pet rat's face

Jackson DK2M
Digitech RP255
Vox DA5
Casio CTK-6000
Quote by hames jetfield
Wat?

He means that it doesn't really matter what a few civilians do when whole nations like America, China and the UK are pumping out unimaginable quantities of pollutants.

Even if the majority of civilians started being environmentally conscious, it would be useless without major changes to the world's energy production.
Some countries should really consider reducing fossil fuel consumption.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by seabear70

This. So many people don't even really know how complicated some of these environmental issues are, or how many negative impacts they can(and do) have on humans. We're still just as much a part of the environment as any other organism in the world, and if we **** them up we're ****ing ourselves up too.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Quote by willT08
He means that it doesn't really matter what a few civilians do when whole nations like America, China and the UK are pumping out unimaginable quantities of pollutants.

Even if the majority of civilians started being environmentally conscious, it would be useless without major changes to the world's energy production.

I thought he was American
I'm not a James Hetfield fan
My username is "hames jetfield" because "farty mriedman" sounds weird.

Quote by laid-to-waste
i have rabies from licking my pet rat's face

Jackson DK2M
Digitech RP255
Vox DA5
Casio CTK-6000
I seriously just don't care at all. I suck like that. I get mcdonalds, i eat it in my car, i throw my rubbish out the window.
I leave the shower running for a good 5 minutes before i go in because i like the sound of running water and always delay getting in for some reason.
In general i'm just hell badass.

I couldn't possibly care any less about the environment.

I AM SO COOL XHARDC0REX
Last edited by vayne92 at Mar 4, 2012,
The **** I give is smaller than the singularity that caused the Big Bang.

Nothing I do will possibly help, and I think that attempting to prevent climate change is a complete waste of time and intellect. We're leaving an ice age (which we've been doing steadily over the last hundred thousand years) and that's going to happen whether we want it to or not. This planet isn't even meant to have ice caps, they're an anomaly. What we need to start doing is working on ways to defend against the ocean rising and more extreme weather conditions and the like.

But either way, I'm not going to make the smallest amount of difference, and to think otherwise would be either naivety or arrogance.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I don't know why you guys are saying you can't make a difference. Of course you can. Both in being progressive about caring for the environment, and actually doing practical things that help (like recycling).

If everyone had the attitude that they can't make a difference no one would do it. But they'd be all wrong. Everything you do is making a difference, and by setting an example of doing it right you're inspiring others to do the same.

I recycle my shit, got low-energy light bulbs and shit like that. It is making a difference, which Sweden has seen and benefited from.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
dgaf but kinda gaf
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Kensai
I don't know why you guys are saying you can't make a difference. Of course you can. Both in being progressive about caring for the environment, and actually doing practical things that help (like recycling).

If everyone had the attitude that they can't make a difference no one would do it. But they'd be all wrong. Everything you do is making a difference, and by setting an example of doing it right you're inspiring others to do the same.

I recycle my shit, got low-energy light bulbs and shit like that. It is making a difference, which Sweden has seen and benefited from.

Except for the fact that even if humanity didn't exist the planet would be warming up and the ice caps would melt, all we're doing is accelerating it. This potentially could mean species die that otherwise wouldn't have, although natural climate change can still exceed the effective rate of evolution by easily enough to kill off species.

The fact that soon we'll have no fossil fuels left and thus our entire society will collapse is a far more pressing issue, in my opinion, and so far almost all of the solutions have been bullshit ones to appeal to Greenpeace idiots.

I think it's supremely arrogant that we assume that we could possible screw up this planet to any major degree.

Question: if Al Gore is so worried about the environment, and rising sea levels and whatnot, why did he buy a beachfront house?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Question: if Al Gore is so worried about the environment, and rising sea levels and whatnot, why did he buy a beachfront house?

To get to the other side!
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by slapsymcdougal

Because most major cities will also be flooded, so he may as well have a nice view until that happens.
I feel bad when I accidentally step on a plant. I don't drive or litter, I recycle everything I can, turn off lights, try not to waste water, blah blah blah. Those are all things I've been trained to do since childhood. I don't really think about it, or the environment.
I don't litter, leave my stuff on when I'm not using it, or really do any harm besides throwing away stuff that could be recycled. So, I try not to be part of the problem, but I'm not gonna slave myself trying to fix others' mistakes. It sucks that people are causing so much damage, but there really isn't anything really useful I can do with little work, so I just try to be reasonable.
Indiana is the least green state in the US.

Doing what I can so that Indiana can be known for something.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by Todd Hart
Except for the fact that even if humanity didn't exist the planet would be warming up and the ice caps would melt, all we're doing is accelerating it. This potentially could mean species die that otherwise wouldn't have, although natural climate change can still exceed the effective rate of evolution by easily enough to kill off species.

The fact that soon we'll have no fossil fuels left and thus our entire society will collapse is a far more pressing issue, in my opinion, and so far almost all of the solutions have been bullshit ones to appeal to Greenpeace idiots.

I think it's supremely arrogant that we assume that we could possible screw up this planet to any major degree.

http://chzmemeafterdark.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/naughty-memes-gaia-doesnt-give-a-f.jpg[/ig]

Am I wrong when I say I think you are not so much anti-environment as you are simply misanthropic?

Quote by slapsymcdougal

I don't see any disconnecting parts with that. Maybe he doesn't think it'll rise that much and that soon, and/or did it beacuse he believes in humans making the neccessary change.

Furthermore Al Gore isn't Ceasar of the environmentalist concerned
Quote by Kensai
Am I wrong when I say I think you are not so much anti-environment as you are simply misanthropic?

I'm not anti-environment at all, but I'm entirely misanthropic.
Quote by Todd Hart
I'm not anti-environment at all, but I'm entirely misanthropic.

Hm it seemed like you were anti-environment, but I could be wrong then

Perhaps you don't have recycle or anything for the sake of humans, but you can always do it for the process of slowing down the deterioration of nature. I think with time there will be more environment friendly technology which will eliminate much of the damage we do to the planet today, but in the meantime we have to do with what we have.
Quote by Kensai

I don't see any disconnecting parts with that. Maybe he doesn't think it'll rise that much and that soon, and/or did it beacuse he believes in humans making the neccessary change.

Furthermore Al Gore isn't Ceasar of the environmentalist concerned

He doesn't really know people then.
Page 1 of 3