im setting up my ibanez rg370dx and what i wana know is that should the guitar go out of tune wheni bend the strings with the locking nuts all the way off? or should it stay in tune even then? and if the guitar is perfectly setup should it be a 100% tuned even after the use of a whammy bar?
if the locks are open and your tremolo moves it will go out of tune, so yes when you bend a string the tremolo will move and will go out of tune. You need to keep them locked at all times for it to stay in tune properly.
Assuming that you have properly stretched the strings, once you lock the nut down and bend/whammy, the guitar should stay in tune.

I have a locking on my ESP and I basically tune it. Lock it and double check the tuning. Then I can bend and do all the crazy whammy I want. But in the end, it should still be in tune. Just make sure the strings are stretched and that the strings are warmed up before you lock.

Like if you tuned them and locked them while they were cold, and tried to play a gig where it's hot, they will go out of tune.
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by bluekirby7
That's part of the bridge. That's the part where you stick the string into, then use a hex key to tighten the string into the edge 3.

Over time the edge 3 knife edges have been known to wear out as they become dull and no longer hold the strings in tightly.

Eeh! No! The knife edges is the part where the bridge connects with the poles that connects to the body.

I'm to lasy to make my own picture so i found one thru google.

Last edited by Sledgeman at Mar 5, 2012,