I have just bought the Boss RV-5 digital reverb. It worked great when I tried it yesterday, but today it don't works. There is no problems with connections or cables because that was the same as yesterday.

Is the battery dead? I just think that is a bit odd, because it worked perfectly yesterday.

And I have also a question. Is the pedal ON if I'm playing the guitar but do not use the effect?

Amp: Randall NBKing 112
Guitar: Eagle Stratocaster AE10 TR

Hope this wasn't to messy,
Thanks!
It could be the battery, yes. Check it out by putting in a different one.

When you are playing with the effect engaged, the pedal is 'on'. Without it engaged, it's 'off'.
If anything is plugged into the input the battery will drain, on or off.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
If anything is plugged into the input the battery will drain, on or off.

This. When you get done playing, you need to unplug the cable going into the input. Or it will drain in a few hours easy.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Ok, thanks for answers!

EDIT: If you are playing with ten pedals (or something similar) and you don't use all of them often, what do you do then? If you are playing an one-hour gig, and need the pedals to be available all the time, is the only solution to use a lot of battery? Or is an adapter the best way to do it?

Any ideas?
Last edited by Metal-pro at Mar 4, 2012,
Quote by Metal-pro
Ok, thanks for answers!

EDIT: If you are playing with ten pedals (or something similar) and you don't use all of them often, what do you do then? If you are playing an one-hour gig, and need the pedals to be available all the time, is the only solution to use a lot of battery? Or is an adapter the best way to do it?

Any ideas?

you plug them into the electricity. simples.
Quote by TheDuckMajor
you plug them into the electricity. simples.
But then all of my pedals are ON, aren't they?
Quote by Metal-pro
But then all of my pedals are ON, aren't they?

No, they're just charging/being powered. You know that you can switch them off, right?
Changing batteries is a pita, especially if you have a few pedals. That's why most people use some sort of AC/DC supply. Don't ask me which is best because I've always built my own.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by TheDuckMajor
No, they're just charging/being powered. You know that you can switch them off, right?
Yeahyeah, but they are still using power even they're "not in use".
Yes, they are, but significantly less than when they're activated. Also, not all pedals draw the same amount of current from a battery. In my opinion, when you're going up to three or more pedals (or even two that are used constantly), a proper power supply is the only way to go.
Check the battery, swap out cables, etc. I doubt it was something that "broke" in the mean time.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com