Page 1 of 2
Hey everyone! I'm an iPhone application developer. I had an idea for a smart-phone app the other day that I'd like to share with you, to get some genuine feedback. I am a songwriter, and I'm always looking to get feedback on some song ideas that I come up with. Would any musicians here use an app (free) whereby you could set it in front of you, sing or play something on guitar, then upload it to get some feedback? From that, other musicians could post their suggestions or variations if your tune. So, if you're having trouble coming up with a bridge or something, you could lay down the rest of the tune, and ask for some suggestions. I know I'd be using it all the time :p

Anyway, just throwing that out there.

Cheers!
10 profile views in 7 years. Who the **** are you?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
A nice idea on paper, but I don't know it'd work IRL. People can be dicks and rate it poorly, or steal your material.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Edit: ^ That's why.

I wouldn't use it.

I don't like others hearing my unfinished/unreleased songs.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
I believe there's already an app for soundcloud.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Well soundcloud is for complete songs; the point of the app would be for getting constructive feedback during the creation process; then you could upload to YouTube, SoundCloud, etc. So it's like a song-incubator
Quote by Neo Evil11

Just a guy that forgot he had an account
Quote by Genome
Well soundcloud is for complete songs; the point of the app would be for getting constructive feedback during the creation process; then you could upload to YouTube, SoundCloud, etc. So it's like a song-incubator

... No its not. I put previews up on Soundcloud, and then completed songs on Bandcamp. Soundcloud lets me set attributions so if anyone tries to claim credit for something I put up there I can easily win a case against them (By upload date), but Bandcamp lets me actually make money for completed songs.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
So you've invented Soundcloud, only exclusive to smart phone users?

Hehe, not quite. See my post above. Also I was planning on having multiple applications tied into a web-based API service. So mobile web, smartphone devices, desktop browser.
Thanks for the idea!

EDIT: I'm kidding. I wouldn't use it anyway.
Last edited by LostLegion at Mar 4, 2012,
Quote by L2112Lif
... No its not. I put previews up on Soundcloud, and then completed songs on Bandcamp. Soundcloud lets me set attributions so if anyone tries to claim credit for something I put up there I can easily win a case against them (By upload date), but Bandcamp lets me actually make money for completed songs.

My train of thought was that the intended audience is people either seeking advice on a cool riff they came up with, or lyrics, etc; or, seeking inspiration from others' creations; not necessarily a complete or semi-complete song. I'll have to do some more research to determine who the primary audience is for SC.
Last edited by Genome at Mar 4, 2012,
Quote by LostLegion
Thanks for the idea!

EDIT: I'm kidding. I wouldn't use it anyway.

I'll race you :p
Quote by Genome
Hehe, not quite. See my post above. Also I was planning on having multiple applications tied into a web-based API service. So mobile web, smartphone devices, desktop browser.

Thing is dude, when you want to upload something to SC it asks whether you just want to record directly or upload a file. It's pretty much the same thing. My advice, go about it the Steve Jobs method: Don't do anything new, look at the existing stuff and think "how can I make it prettier and better".

EDIT: I don't have an Iphone, so I'm not going to be using it. But if I did, and it had some users already registered (so I'd actually get crits) then yeah why not.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Mar 4, 2012,
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Thing is dude, when you want to upload something to SC it asks whether you just want to record directly or upload a file. It's pretty much the same thing. My advice, go about it the Steve Jobs method: Don't do anything new, look at the existing stuff and think "how can I make it prettier and better".

EDIT: I don't have an Iphone, so I'm not going to be using it. But if I did, and it had some users already registered (so I'd actually get crits) then yeah why not.

Hehe as someone who makes a living on iPhone app revenue, that methodology could only take you so far That said I do have a crapload of applications that are similar to the big titles in nature (Angry Birds, etc.) (see: shovelware) that serve as good cross-promotion platforms
I think if anything the next Iphone app should be some sort of GPS tracking system. Where you can place little "tabs" on all of your posessions which have small GPS chips (Similair to a dog or cat) and you can program your phone to tell you where any one of those tabs is at any moment. B&E **** the world. You ****s aint gettin away with my shit no more!!
Life Sucks. Get over it.
Quote by Bdotnert
I think if anything the next Iphone app should be some sort of GPS tracking system. Where you can place little "tabs" on all of your posessions which have small GPS chips (Similair to a dog or cat) and you can program your phone to tell you where any one of those tabs is at any moment. B&E **** the world. You ****s aint gettin away with my shit no more!!

Love the concept but it is not overly practical
Quote by Bdotnert

I'd stick it on every single one of my f*cking guitar picks.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by Krieger91
I'd stick it on every single one of my f*cking guitar picks.

Hahaha oh man tell me about it
Quote by Neo Evil11

Every single post of yours is malicious and rude. What's your problem?
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Quote by Vendetta V
how about an app with knobs that you can put in different positions name them and save it. pedalboard settings app

Good idea man!
Quote by Julz127
I believe there's already an app for soundcloud.

DICK.

I came here to post that and thought I was being all smart and funny.

Quote by vayne92
What a shit app

No offense but I don't need input from a kid with a ****ing pokemon as his avatar.
Quote by Genome
No offense but I don't need input from a kid with a ****ing pokemon as his avatar.

Want me to get you a towel to wipe up all your mad?
Maybe a pillow to cry on?
Make an app for the Pit
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Quote by shredibanez24
Make an app for the Pit

This.

I'd buy an iphone just for that app
Make the app for uploading it to just UG. I don't think other places would be as... erm... constructive?

/genuine feedback
Quote by CodChick
Make the app for uploading it to just UG. I don't think other places would be as... erm... constructive?

/genuine feedback

Thanks for the feedback
Quote by Genome

Learn to demographic man.
Quote by ChamsRock
Learn to demographic man.

Yeah thought there would be more mature people here but I guess the plague of 4chan has spread throughout the rest of the web.
Quote by Genome
Yeah thought there would be more mature people here but I guess the plague of 4chan has spread throughout the rest of the web.

Maturity =/= the content of someone's avatar. Just saying.
Quote by ChamsRock
Maturity =/= the content of someone's avatar. Just saying.

Agreed; but the content of posts sure does
Page 1 of 2