Hi y'all. I've got about 100 bucks saved up for an effects right now but I'm not sure if I should get a wah pedal or a fuzz pedal. I narrowed down to a vox a847a for a wah and a classic USA big muff for fuzz. Tell me what to do!!! Thanks. Oh yeah my playing styles are grunge, alternative rock, funk, blues, and some jazz.
Washburn HB35
Fender American Tele
Breedlove C250

Peavey Classic 50 410
Fender Mustang 1
I've got a Crybaby and a Big Muff and for the music I play, I could live with just the fuzz. Fuzz would suit Grunge and Alt Rock for you but I'm not so sure about Funk and Jazz. It's totally up to you and it really depends on what you'd play more.
You can't really compare a wah to a fuzz. If you want a fuzzy tone, buy the fuzz. If you want to use a wah, buy the wah.
Quote by Haydenr25
You can't really compare a wah to a fuzz. If you want a fuzzy tone, buy the fuzz. If you want to use a wah, buy the wah.

This.
If you don't already have a good fuzz/distortion/overdrive to use atm, get the fuzz. Then later on get the wah.
Unless playing something really specific, I've always considered the wah an extra you can go safely without. If you need a decent enough distorsion, overdrive or whatever, get the fuzz, the Big Muff is awesome.