Hey there well i just need some advice as to which i should get. I dont really need to use that format from the other thread because i already know which two i want. There both used of course. On a $270 used budget. Mainly for soloing/hard rock or classic heavy metal. Really i just want to go by which is preferred.

Mainly looking for anyone who has owned 1 or the other to sorta give me there opinions on it.

Tell me if you need anymore details...thanks!
"Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling." - Anonymous
would it be one of the EMG loaded redlines, or a redline HB?

if its one of the EMG loaded ones, I think the redline is a slightly better guitar. I haven't personally owned one, but I have played several and they all performed well above their price bracket. that being said, the LTD's are quite good as well, especially the 400's, so its probably worth playing both.

you cannot really go wrong either way
Quote by krehzeekid
would it be one of the EMG loaded redlines, or a redline HB?

if its one of the EMG loaded ones, I think the redline is a slightly better guitar. I haven't personally owned one, but I have played several and they all performed well above their price bracket. that being said, the LTD's are quite good as well, especially the 400's, so its probably worth playing both.

you cannot really go wrong either way
Thanks for your opinion! sadly i cannot play either one lol there at other stores in different states......so thats +1 on the redline XD i kinda am getting curious about it because ive never heard of Godin.
"Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling." - Anonymous
seems as the esp was sold lol........anyone firmiliar with schecter guitars?
They're nice, that's for sure. Some people will disagree, but I've played a couple and they feel pretty nice. Just stay away from the cheap ones. Which one do you have in mind?
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

Quote by StrykVladzimsky
They're nice, that's for sure. Some people will disagree, but I've played a couple and they feel pretty nice. Just stay away from the cheap ones. Which one do you have in mind?

was thinking of the Damien 6. But idk was just something i stumbled on.
Last edited by jman_nunez at Mar 4, 2012,
Both are good guitars, though the redlines have a thicker neck than the ESP. I played a Redline at a local shop and it was great aside from the neck thickness.
What about ESP Vipers? are there really any differences? there Sg style and there Lp style dont have much difference other then shape it looks like.
If the LTD (its not an ESP unless it says ESP on the headstock- they come from different places) got sold, go for the Godin.

Godin isn't huge, but they make really good quality guitars in Canada and the US (Canadian company). they have good customer support, and the guitars play amazingly well (the neck is slightly thicker than an ESP, but nowhere near the baseball bat that some schecters have). I would take a Godin over a schecter any day of the week
Actually the neck on the redlines ive tried at my local shop are thicker than my Schecter 006 Elite neck.