Page 1 of 2
I ask because I'm about to start an on campus internship that is only for the best, regarding graphic designers, web developers, and IT majors at my school. Normally you have to pass a certain assessment.

Due to a mistake my school made this was my only available option, very last minute, and the dean of my school performed an over ride on my transcript to get me in, so I could still graduate this may. I'm extremely uneasy about this but I'm going to have to give it my all. This is easily going to be one of the hardest things I've ever had to do..

So pit tell me your biggest challenge, I could really use the motivation...
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Last edited by whyze250f at Mar 4, 2012,
Doing well in college.

I lost sight of motivation and just fucked up my last semester. Taking a break, going back with new focus and direction.

But good luck with your shit man, that sounds like a blessing in disguise if you ask me.
Using a metronome.

damnit.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

ur mother lul.

Actually I agree with Blake1221. So far college has been my biggest challenge. there have been multiple times when I just wanted to say **** it and quit. I'm trying to keep pushing through though.
Sail upon the open skies
I'm meant to be going on World Challenge next year. Raising around £5000 is hard for a 15 year old trying to juggle school, friends, girls, guitar, sport and sleep, never mind the month I'll be spending rough in the Himalayas. But it's pretty easy in comparison to other situations.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Roughest challenge I've ever had to go through is going through what I'm going through right now. My girlfriend has been having been having weird mental breakdowns over the last couple of months, and I'm doing my best to be there for her - do what I can, but I'm no freaking shrink that's for sure... She's going to go and start seeking some professional help but I think I'm losing her </3
Played in a musical with some pros/semi-pros for 8 nights and was the only one who couldn't read music properly. Nailed it all like a baws.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Battling depression and salvaging my college diploma.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Moving out and learning how to succeed in the work force and take care of myself.

Quote by isabiggles
Played in a musical with some pros/semi-pros for 8 nights and was the only one who couldn't read music properly. Nailed it all like a baws.

Also this. It was a similar situation, but they were great at helping me learn things and get the parts down. Really improved my guitar playing and performing abilities.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by Andrea55
Eating a Happy Meal in under five minutes. Woo, took a lot out of me.

It's the toy that's the difficult bit.
Being enrolled in 3 different school systems, one of which was college. That sucked some serious ass.
I'm going to need over $20,000 in two years. I don't even have a job, but after I turn sixteen this week, it's time to get serious.
Quote by slipknot5678
I'm going to need over $20,000 in two years. I don't even have a job, but after I turn sixteen this week, it's time to get serious.

OHHH DAYUM
Quote by slipknot5678

gonna make lots of chops eh
Prolly what Im doing now, working a 40h a week, as well as nightschool twice a week (taking a university prep chem with no background at all in chem), and trying to balance music/my girlfriend/removations around the house in anytime im not in work or at school.

Next when Im in uni tho, thatll probably be a different story though
Moving on and living life again after I had four close friends killed by a drunk driver
e-married to Jack (bladez)
I had a really massive shit once that felt like I finished a marathon after I passed it.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
on topic though, one time i took a massive popper hit (hate that garbage, but ive got cheap friends) and swallowed. I managed not to throw up, but it was pretty brutal.
Quote by blake1221
Doing well in college.

I lost sight of motivation and just fucked up my last semester. Taking a break, going back with new focus and direction.

Yup. My first semester of college was horrid by my standards. This one's been better, but I can still improve. Grades, social life, everything. First step for me will be not just immediately flipping on the xbox when I get downtime. Unfortunately, that's kinda how my roommate and I hang out, but we can find other shit to do.

When you coast through high school and still manage a 3.5 GPA, transitioning to college is hard.
Quote by seeneyj

I'm sick of your tomfoolery.
Why do you keep posting that?

Log off, and go do something else for a while. Come back when you decide to contribute something.

As for me, I guess moving away from the city when I started high school was hard. Also I moved out of home a year ago and I've just finished my first year of uni.

But I don't think anything has really happened to me that I'd consider a 'biggest challenge'. I wish something challenging would happen to me though.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Last edited by Julz127 at Mar 5, 2012,
Quote by Stugg334
I'm meant to be going on World Challenge next year. Raising around £5000 is hard for a 15 year old trying to juggle school, friends, girls, guitar, sport and sleep, never mind the month I'll be spending rough in the Himalayas. But it's pretty easy in comparison to other situations.

I did the same thing 7 years ago- you'll manage it, and you'll love it.
asking a girl out a while ago

I've grown since then but before i was extremely unconfident, self-loathing, perpetually sad and somewhat socially awkward. It didn't work out the way i wanted but the whole experience of wanting to be with her forced me to challenge my own insecurities, so like i said, i've grown it.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by TOMMYB22
asking a girl out a while ago

I've grown since then but before i was extremely unconfident, self-loathing, perpetually sad and somewhat socially awkward. It didn't work out the way i wanted but the whole experience of wanting to be with her forced me to challenge my own insecurities, so like i said, i've grown it.

Hmm, that's interesting.

I'm kind of in a similar position to how you were.

This has inspired me to ask out a random girl, in order to be rejected.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by Dreadnought
Ranger School... it sucked and I had to do two of the phases twice each, but it was worth it

My respect for you has just gone through the roof. From what I've read about Ranger School, I don't know many UGers who'd be able to get through it in the first place, let alone having to do some bits multiple times.

OT: Defeating Cell.

>_>
Convincing the old landlord to give us an extra month, then marketing my mom's work to galleries (which I didn't do very well, but got her contacts every time), while working to get my dad out of jail (to be fair, I didn't actually do this and my mom borrowed cash for it) and getting some money for plane tickets and doing my best to give a proper goodbye to all my friends before I left. The end goal was very, very shitty. C'est la vie I guess.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Mar 5, 2012,
Biggest challenges...let's see;

Army basic training
Music school
*marriage
kicking my drug addiction
*being a father

*denotes continued challenge
I'd like to help, but not as much as I'd like not to.

"To be successful, you need to be a good musician. To be popular, you just need to be fashionable" - Ritchie Blackmore
Quote by Dreadnought
Ranger School... it sucked and I had to do two of the phases twice each, but it was worth it

Amen
Quote by Rush_fan2112
i want to walk down the streets of a very large, populized city (one like toronto, or new york) wearing a wonder woman costume and eating a stick of butter

Quote by figsandbobo
I can eat a 16" no problem.
Getting out of bed in the morning.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I did the same thing 7 years ago- you'll manage it, and you'll love it.

Good to hear, I'm getting there, and in pretty good shape compared to some of the kids planning to go.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Page 1 of 2