Hello all! I am in a bit of a pickle here...

As of now, I own a beautiful MIA strat that plays like a stick of butter. I love this guitar but I would like to move away from the single coil sound.

I was in GC yesterday and I was casually looking around and playing a couple guitars when I came across this flat top Gibson LP with p90s that played very smoothly.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-les-paul-special-electric-guitar-with-p-90-pickups/h78102

It was awesome and ever since I played it I have been seriously considering trading in my strat and one of my amps I don't use much for this LP. I've had an Epi LP before but I didn't like it as much because of the pitch in the neck I believe and I found humbuckers were a bit too muddy for my style.

Anyway, I really don't know what to do. I love my strat but I'm not sure if I'm digging the single coil sound as much as I used to. Has anyone been in a similar situation? Any opinions? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
I am Jimmy. I have cracked the corn and nobody cares.
Put a dual rail humbucker in the bridge. That's what I did with my strat and I'm very happy with it.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by kutless999
Put a dual rail humbucker in the bridge. That's what I did with my strat and I'm very happy with it.

Yep I did this with my 2 teles I'm just not the single coil type
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I will look into the dual rail pickups. Thank you for the suggestion.

And I know technically P90s are single coils but they definitely have a different sound than single coils on a strat.
I am Jimmy. I have cracked the corn and nobody cares.
Have a look under the scratch plate, you may be able to fit at least one normal humbucker in there. If so, buy another scratch plate and populate it. Then if you ever want to return it to stock it's a simple matter of changing scratchplates.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Get a set of SD Hotrails. Instant magic in a Strat in my opinion. If that doesn't work for you... the great thing about Strats and Teles is that they are easy to mod, they are great platforms for modding and building up. You can buy an HH pickguard, a little routing, and solder whatever pups you may want into it. If you are comfortable with how it plays keep it and swap the pups.
Ibanez SR1200E