Im primarily a metal and hard rock player. I occasionaly wonder into indie/alternative, classic rock and stuff like that but yeah. I have a budget of about £500 maybe £50 more. I play alot of djent and progressive metal right now so id like to be able to get those kind of tones with it, or atleast close. I like a good clean tone, also, as my guitar has single coil settings in it (Fender Blacktop Strat HH). I have a Boss ME50, and line 6 spider iv 30 which ill sell to put towards this amp. I cant play really loud so 50 watt + tube amps are a no. Thats about it really, so what amps could i get?
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Blackstar HT40
Jet City JCA5012
You might also want to consider an Orange Dark Terror. Awesome amount of gain and sounds great but it doesn't have amazing cleans.

The Blackstar is the most versatile and has shitlOads of gain on tap, It can bring the BROOTZ. People will moan about it having some solid state electronics (and it's true) but it sonds great anyway and it helps add gain.

The Jet City is slightly less versatile but it's lead channel sounds absolutely amazing and it has decent cleans.

The Orange Dark Terror... Well, it's an Orange amp. Enough said.
Last edited by TheDuckMajor at Mar 4, 2012,
i looked at the ht 20, as i think that and some pedals would be nice! and i had a look at the orange dark terror, but the single shape control put me off. jet citys look good but ive been told the cleans arent good.

any specific badcat amp?
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
wait, all of the bad cats are so far out of my budget.
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by leigh596
any specific badcat amp?

Sorry, i just noticed your budget is £500... The Bad Cats are more expensive.
But a Hot Cat would be perfect for what you want.

EDIT: Try a Laney LC50.
http://www.dv247.com/guitars/laney-lc50-112-guitar-amp-combo--48811

Put an OD/booster pedal of some sort in front of it for the really heavy stuff (i used it with a Fulltone OCD), and that's all you'd need.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Mar 4, 2012,
Quote by leigh596
i looked at the ht 20, as i think that and some pedals would be nice! and i had a look at the orange dark terror, but the single shape control put me off. jet citys look good but ive been told the cleans arent good.

any specific badcat amp?

If you're worried about the cleans on the net city then you could get the JCA5212RC. Much better cleans, Tube driven spring reverb and two speakers. But unfortunately it has much less gain on tap. Still enough for hard rock but it'll need a boost for metal.

The blackstar ht40 is more versatil than the ht20. It has two clean modes (fender and Vox mode), to lead channel modes (Marshall and mesa modes) and two reverb modes (dark and bright).

But the ht20 is also very versatile and cool.