Hi y'all. The last couple of times I've ordered expensive gear from musiciansfriend they have sent gear that has blemishes and dings in it. I have reason to believe that there sending me factory seconds. I know this would be illegal but I think they would claim that they're not sending me seconds. Has this happened to anyone else? Each time it happened I called them and they sent me a new piece of gear.
Washburn HB35
Fender American Tele
Breedlove C250

Peavey Classic 50 410
Fender Mustang 1
Actually had the opposite experience. Ordered a blemished guitar at a reduced price. Turns out someone ordered it at the same time online. Called them and they sent me a brand new guitar at the reduced price.
I've ordered blemished items from them, and gotten a new one instead. It seems that if you ask what the blemish is, sometimes they tell you to call in and they'll give you a new one for a reduced price.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Shipping can be hell on guitars some times
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I bought a used tele from MF. It was something like $350 new, I was paying $225 shipped (It was labeled as B condition, so not even the highest used condition they have.) It arrived in perfect condtion, tags still on, plastic still on the pickguard/pickups.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
A lot of the time, the Musician's Friend warehouse will have the items in really good condition, but shipping will screw up the instrument. MF themselves have no interest in roughly treating their merchandise because it will screw them over, but the shipping people sometimes don't give a damn because it's hard to prove, and they're not going to lose their job over a couple dings on a package.

Everything I've ordered from MF came in tip-top shape, even internationally.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by ejorgy1
Hi y'all. The last couple of times I've ordered expensive gear from musiciansfriend they have sent gear that has blemishes and dings in it. I have reason to believe that there sending me factory seconds. I know this would be illegal but I think they would claim that they're not sending me seconds. Has this happened to anyone else? Each time it happened I called them and they sent me a new piece of gear.

Hi ejorgy1,
My name is Skaught and I work for Musician's Friend. I'm sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused you. If you buy a new item from us we expect it to arrive in perfect condition. Accidents can happen and if you feel like we may have sent you a factory second instead of a new item, please email me at forums@musiciansfriend.com. I would like to personally handle this and make things right. Thanks for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Skaught
Quote by Skaught
Hi ejorgy1,
My name is Skaught and I work for Musician's Friend. I'm sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused you. If you buy a new item from us we expect it to arrive in perfect condition. Accidents can happen and if you feel like we may have sent you a factory second instead of a new item, please email me at forums@musiciansfriend.com. I would like to personally handle this and make things right. Thanks for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Skaught

thanks for your help, i have already resolved these issues.
Washburn HB35
Fender American Tele
Breedlove C250

Peavey Classic 50 410
Fender Mustang 1
I bought a Boss pedal a few years ago that was supposed to be new from MF but it was for sure used. Didn't have the typical Roland battery in it (it had a half dead Energizer), wasn't in a bag and didn't have any paperwork in the box. I really didn't care too much because it was for me and the pedal itself was new looking. Just wasn't what I expected when I opened it. That was my only negative experience with them. Tons of good ones though.
Last year I bought a Fender Supersonic From MF.

It was marked used condition. $769. I bought it, when I received it the amp looked like it had been dropped. The toltex was ripped on the top right corner from the front to the back, with a 3/8inch split in the wood. It worked fine, and with some Heavy Duty adhesive and a big clamp it straightened up nicely and worked fine.

Now maybe it was damaged prior to shipping and I wasn't told, or it was damaged in shipping (though the outside box it came in showed no damage). Either way I wasn't happy with the service and thats where that ends for me.