ok so my brother is looking for a new guitar, and i decided to look around and see what i can find. I found an ibanez mick thomson mtm1, for only $500 from guitar center. This is ridiculously cheap, since it costs $1500 new, but i am very skeptical, especially since i have had problems with guitar center before. We are probably going to call and ask for more pictures of it, like in the control cavity. I'm just wondering if this seems too good to be true. thanks!
My Guitar Rig:
Peavey 6505+ Head
Peavey 6505 slant cab
MXR Smart Gate
MXR Noise Clamp
Ibanez ts-9 tubescreamer
Ibanez RGA72tqm with EMG 81/85

Other Guitar Gear:
Fender Vibro Champ
TTM Guitars Devastator
LTD EC-200
I think I found the same guitar you're looking at in the USED gear section. It is GC afterall all so they should know exactly how much the guitar is worth. If it's this much lowered you should be quite sketical indeed.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Mar 4, 2012,
Im Canadian so we don't have Guitar Center, but surely they have some kind of return policy? Like if the guitar turns out to be shit couldn't you just return it? Asking for pictures is also a good way to go about it, though I suspect for such a huge price drop there may be a few scratches and spots on the body.
they do have a return policy. if i buy it and have them ship it to the store near me, and i play it and don't like it they will give a full refund. its just a huge pain in the ass to drive down there cuz its like 45 minutes away and my mom hates driving me down there.
My Guitar Rig:
Peavey 6505+ Head
Peavey 6505 slant cab
MXR Smart Gate
MXR Noise Clamp
Ibanez ts-9 tubescreamer

Other Guitar Gear:
Fender Vibro Champ
TTM Guitars Devastator
LTD EC-200
Are you 100 % sure it's an MTM1, and not that they made a typo, and it's supposed to be an MTM2? In which case it'd still be a pretty good guitar.
Quote by Wisthekiller
How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
Are you 100 % sure it's an MTM1, and not that they made a typo, and it's supposed to be an MTM2? In which case it'd still be a pretty good guitar.

I am 100% sure it is an MTM1 because it is red, which is only available on the MTM1, and it has the inlay on the neck that says SEVEN, which is also only available on the MTM1.
My Guitar Rig:
Peavey 6505+ Head
Peavey 6505 slant cab
MXR Smart Gate
MXR Noise Clamp
Ibanez ts-9 tubescreamer

Other Guitar Gear:
Fender Vibro Champ
TTM Guitars Devastator
LTD EC-200
Yes, it is indeed too good to be true. Could be that it has some defect that the seller won't disclose, or maybe it's been broken and has had some repairs done to it. I've seen this before: guitars with structural cracks that were repaired and repainted, then sold for half (or less) of the original cost. I would avoid something like that.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius
Yes, it is indeed too good to be true. Could be that it has some defect that the seller won't disclose, or maybe it's been broken and has had some repairs done to it. I've seen this before: guitars with structural cracks that were repaired and repainted, then sold for half (or less) of the original cost. I would avoid something like that.

Yeah. I'd personally call and ask if there is a defect.

I bought a X3Live and I received it in the mail from GC used with 6 broken switches. And the box was flawless. They tried to rip me off.

But I've bought plenty of other things used and had them shipped to me without flaw. If you are in any way dissatisfied, full return no questions. I paid $500 for a Boss floorboard and took it home. HATED it and brought it back. The dude who checked me out was on a smokebreak and came back in just to refund me.

I'd buy it if it is worth that much to you. You get a refund either way.
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
In my experiences with GC is; Try it before you buy.
All my guitars and amps that I have bought in the last 5 years have come from GC's used section and they were in spectacular condition at a VERY low price when I bought them. However I have played some used guitars there and you could tell their last owner treated them poorly.
ok so i have emailed them asking what year it was made, where it was made, and to send pictures of all of the parts of the guitar. Now i just have to wait for them to email me back.
My Guitar Rig:
Peavey 6505+ Head
Peavey 6505 slant cab
MXR Smart Gate
MXR Noise Clamp
Ibanez ts-9 tubescreamer

Other Guitar Gear:
Fender Vibro Champ
TTM Guitars Devastator
LTD EC-200