I couldn't find the old recordings thread (ive been gone a while) so I just put this here, Anyway I played all the guitar parts on this jam and would like to hear some tips on improving my improvisation, please give actual advice and not just say I suck, if you think it sucks tell me why

http://youtu.be/fqC_ByvwgpU
me playing malmsteem

Quote by Kivarenn82
just tell him "no chick is gonna lay you if you serenade her with a playstation controller"
...Your name is John Johnson? Sweet jesus your parents are creative.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Deathcore sucks, therefore it sucks.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by Td_Nights
...Your name is John Johnson? Sweet jesus your parents are creative.

I agree, that is why I go by "John Henry"
me playing malmsteem

Quote by Kivarenn82
just tell him "no chick is gonna lay you if you serenade her with a playstation controller"
It's like all of the most boring of rock cliches came together and spawned an unholy bastard child.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
It's like all of the most boring of rock cliches came together and spawned an unholy bastard child.

I was going to say that.
Quote by whoomit
John Johnson, son of John Johnson.

Wouldn't he be John Johnsonson, son of John Johnson?

BTW, I listened to it and forgot I was listening to something about halfway through

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by vidieowiz4
I agree, that is why I go by "John Henry"

Holy fuck that is fucking awesome.
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
Quote by moscaespañol
Wouldn't he be John Johnsonson, son of John Johnson?

BTW, I listened to it and forgot I was listening to something about halfway through

Nameception
Can anyone actually give me advice on improving my improvising?
me playing malmsteem

Quote by Kivarenn82
Quote by vidieowiz4

no.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by vidieowiz4

For starters, try avoiding overusing so many hard rock cliches. Maybe if you listen to some different types of music you'll be inspired to diversify your licks. Try some celtic, country, jazz, polka, etc and listen to the phrasing and learn some good licks, instead of trying to play exactly like every hard rock guitarist from the 1980's.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
as a fan of the 80s I actually really liked this, I would say try to find a more unique tone though, everyone has theirs.
Quote by theogonia777
For starters, try avoiding overusing so many hard rock cliches. Maybe if you listen to some different types of music you'll be inspired to diversify your licks. Try some celtic, country, jazz, polka, etc and listen to the phrasing and learn some good licks, instead of trying to play exactly like every hard rock guitarist from the 1980's.

Agreed. It is one dimensional, and a little boring to listen to. Would be better with some vocals.