Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a flanger pedal to add to my rig, and I would like to know which one would work best for me. I'll be using it to for Cure-ish textures, and also for more hard rock type things, like Van Halen. I am willing to spend up to $150 for the pedal, but I can go over this if the quality is good enough.

So which flanger would work for me?
MY GEAR:
Fender Jazzmaster
Peavey Valveking 112 Combo
Electro-Harmonix Neo Clone Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Phase 90
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Way Huge Aqua Puss Delay
I recently bought a Joyo flanger and I'm quite impressed with it, especially for the money.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
robert smith used an electric mistress, evh used a phase 90. pretty different sounding flangers you'd probably be able to get both used for under or around $150
MXR makes some pretty good flange pedals, worth taking a look at.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
I know they used completely different flangers, I was just hoping there would be one flanger that might cover both uses. Is the TC Electronic Flanger any good? Because it seems like that might cover all my needs.
MY GEAR:
Fender Jazzmaster
Peavey Valveking 112 Combo
Electro-Harmonix Neo Clone Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Phase 90
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Way Huge Aqua Puss Delay
i've been through

paul gilbert airplane flanger
strymon orbit
jack deville mod zero
tc electronic vortex
boss mij 80s hf-2

the best one that i've tried, and one of the most versatile, is the hf-2. and it would also be the cheapest by far on that list.

here's mine:

with the manual to the left, you get your chorus flange thing. turn manual up and then it just becomes a howl of wind behind your signal. amazing pedal. couldn't be happier with it, really. and i picked it up for under $70.
Dang. I kind of regret just purchasing a MIJ BF-2 on Thursday. Ah well.
I am a fake mountain.
FYI Phase 90 = phaser not flanger.

I think there are only about 3 or 4 differences between the BF-2 and HF-2 so it would probably be easy to convert a BF-2 over if you wanted to or maybe even have a couple of switches to switch between the two. The HF-2 is shifted down by using the same circuit with 512 stages instead of 1024. With a shorter delay range, the notches occur one octave above where they occur in the BF-2. The HF-2 would probably be really good on bass guitar.
I'm a fan of the High-band as well. the ADA flanger is great too! Stay away from the digital stuff...
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com