So I am replacing the pickups in my epiphone dot I was wondering what the best pickups would be for classic rock to metal type sounds. I was looking into Seymour Duncan 59s would these be good?
SD '59 neck/Duper Distortion bridge?

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Have a look at the new Seymour Duncan 59/Custom hybrid. Not used the official one myself yet, since they only just started making them, but it's been a popular mod for years in the SD forums and I tried that myself and it sounds pretty good for everything. Importantly, it's very clear which will help balance out the Dot's construction and it's got enough output for doing metal comfortably without being too crazy; you shouldn't have many feedback issues and it should still do classic rock alright.

For the neck, the first thing that springs to my mind is a SD Jazz or a DM PAF Pro, but you might also be alright with a SD Seth Lover or a Gibson BurstBucker #1. To be honest the classic rock bit is easy in a Dot, but the metal part is kind of hard for the neck position. If you really want to push the metal vibe then maybe look at the DM Humbucker From Hell, but that won't do classic rock nicely. If you'll only use the neck for slightly softer tones then that makes things easier; any of the three I mentioned before would suit.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by Lptubeking
So I am replacing the pickups in my epiphone dot I was wondering what the best pickups would be for classic rock to metal type sounds. I was looking into Seymour Duncan 59s would these be good?

What amp are you using
What is it you don't like about the tone at the moment
How do you want it to change?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com