does anyone know of a good distortion pedal that does not cause feedback but uner 60 dollars?
I love my BBE AM-64 if that helps at all. It seems like the Jet City stuff is really nice.
Style of music would be very helpful.

But, with what you've given us a Boss DS-1 is cheap and pretty good for pretty much everything.
Unless a DS-1 is in front of a very good tube amp they sound shit, not that good in front of that either.

Need more info, TS. What amp, what sound are you after?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
whatdo you mean by "no feedback"?

are you sure there's not something wrong with the rest of your gear?

what is the rest of your gear?

what type of distortion are you after?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
whatdo you mean by "no feedback"?

are you sure there's not something wrong with the rest of your gear?

what is the rest of your gear?

what type of distortion are you after?

well i did forget to mention im using an old afterburner amp. I mean, i used my friends DXC distortion pedal and there was no feedback whatsoever! but when i used my death metal pedal it caused SO much feedback.
Quote by iwannabesedated
Style of music would be very helpful.

But, with what you've given us a Boss DS-1 is cheap and pretty good for pretty much everything.

i am in a metal core band
Boss mt-2
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by TDS205

They generally use something along the lines of these...

I hate to burst your bubble, but you're going to be hard pressed to find good metal tone from a <$60 pedal. That said, people tend to like the RAT distortion pedals (can't comment on their metal abilities as I've never played one) but they can be had for $40-50 on ebay.
I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by mtshark
They generally use something along the lines of these...

I hate to burst your bubble, but you're going to be hard pressed to find good metal tone from a <$60 pedal. That said, people tend to like the RAT distortion pedals (can't comment on their metal abilities as I've never played one) but they can be had for $40-50 on ebay.

alright thank you man!
Quote by TDS205

The amp thing definitely, but as far as a pedal goes, Boss has a few metal pedals that could get a sound you're looking for. Maybe try an MT-2 or an HM-2 if you can find one. If you want really distorted there's the MD-2 as well.

I know a lot of people that like the Digitech Death Metal pedal as well. Never tried it though.

I've heard good things about the MXR Fullbore Metal too. That might be a little out of your price range though.
yeah amp is the thing

failing that i'd personally stack a (non-metal-in-the-title) distortion pedal with an overdrive. ithink you get a bettertone that way thatsounds and feels morelike a tube amp.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
for 60 you're not going to get much better than solid-state kind of sound
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Hey don't go hating on ss amps if they were good enough for chuck they are good enough for you. Go grab a used turbo rat, scoop your mids on your amp [because this pedal adds quite a bit] crack open a beer and call it a day. If you have a remotely decent tube amp the turbo rat will sound amazing. Its not a "metalcore" sound but this will rip peoples faces off no problem. I know you said New and there really are no options for you in terms of a dirt pedal, maybe the dano cool cat metal but i think its pretty bleh. At 60 bucks you are extremly limited in terms of what you can buy.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Where are you located? If you can, find a used Hardwire Metal Distortion pedal.

Your budget really isn't enough to work with on a "new" basis.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X