Is playing the electric guitar hard? Do you need to learn how to play regular guitar in order to play electric? Plz and thank you!
*insert not sure if trolling meme...*

It's as hard as you make it and depends on how much work you put into it. I'd say it's slightly easier than playing "regular" guitar, if by that you mean a standard steel string acoustic guitar, simply because the string tension is lesser.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
It depends on how committed you are to it. Some people find it difficult and drop it because they don't want to put the effort in, but if you think that you will stick to it then you should get decent at playing it pretty fast. It does get harder as you go along, but it's definitely worth it. Do you mean "regular guitar" as in acoustic guitar? If so, then no, it's not necessary, but if you get down the foundations for acoustic, you will be a lot better on electric when you switch to it.
Quote by feiwer12
Is playing the electric guitar hard? Do you need to learn how to play regular guitar in order to play electric? Plz and thank you!

Electric guitar is very hard and that's why no one plays it. Youz welcome.

It depends on how much time you put into it. No, it isn't "hard" per se, but that again depends on how you go about practicing.

And you don't have to learn how to play regular guitar in order to play electric.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
I would learn of an acoustic first, not that it's not good or anything, but it's just simpler to learn off of.
I'm sorry feiwer12, your post was so rediculous I had to make an account just to respond. In reality you can learn on either, its all the same strings and notes. Electrics usually have a thinner fretboard, and as such, I found it easier to learn on the electric first when I was a kid. Beyond that, theres techniques that differ between guitar types, but save that for when youve got the basics down.
Quote by CaptainSwindle
I'm sorry feiwer12, your post was so rediculous I had to make an account just to respond.

*checks date CaptinSwindle registered*

Methinks someone's lying
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by feiwer12

What are you interested in doing?

It's physically more difficult to initially play on a "regular" acoustic guitar, but the nice thing is after you've learned just a very small amount of chords you'll be able to quickly learn tons of songs for sing-a-longs and that sort of thing.

So if you'd like to be able to learn songs and play them for your sweet heart, then I'd recommend an acoustic. Similarly, if you want to play around a campfire -- you can't go wrong learning on an acoustic.

On the other hand, if you want to play rock 'n roll with friends or accompanying a backing track, you'll want to go the electric route. Not initially as physically demanding as the acoustic -- so you could call it "easier". But you'll need more equipment -- an amplifier & cord being the main things.
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Is it hard? Hm. I'd say that depends on if you want to play Beatles, or Protest the Hero.

But seriously... if you *want* to play, then does it really matter? Are you just going to give up if it's *too hard*?

And guitar is guitar is guitar. Acoustics and electrics feel and sound different, but you play them the same. Doesn't matter which one you start with.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X