Page 1 of 2
Sorry but I am NOT impressed with this forum or the people in it. It seems that the vast majority of experts here are simply folks who have skimmed through "Music theory for Dummies" and now let it collect dust on their bookshelves so they can talk shit on music theory.

There are 2 types of people on this forum

1) Lazy people who dont WANNA learn music theory so they justify their half assed/short cut filled playing by spreading the gospel of "ANTI music theory:"

OR

2) They have read 3/5 of all the "Lessons" on ultimate guitar and somehow they think it justifies a solid foundation for music theory.

No matter which one you are,.......may god have mercy on your soul. You spread filth in these forums slowing the progress of people who have a true desire to learn music.
:::PRETEND THIS IS A RESPONSE TO AN ACTUAL THEORY QUESTION::::

No man no! You need to forget all that and just FEEEEELLLL the music

OR

No man NO...........::::insert easier topic said poster only knows about::::: You need to work on your intervals more BROHAM

OR

LAWL who needs theory man, Id rather just butcher chords all day, and practice shitty sweep picking riffs to play at guitar center.
i like to think i have a decent understanding of theory...considering i am working on a music major in college

but im i no way infallable and ive made many a mistakes but i do try to help with the questions
answered
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
you spelled "you're" wrong

Maybe if you spent half as much time paying attention and studying Music correctly, as you do spelling......you would be of value in these forums, AND This thread

LAWL
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
you spelled "you're" wrong

i really, REALLY wish that i could 1+ this.
Quote by Go0ber
Maybe if you spent half as much time paying attention and studying Music correctly, as you do spelling......you would be of value in these forums, AND This thread

LAWL

I think you need a fucking doctor, mate.
Last edited by mdc at Mar 5, 2012,
You seem real butthurt bro.
Quote by Kozlic
Music doesnt need to be quality to be good.

Press eject, give me the tape, if you know what's good for you
Quote by Tyrant92
i really, REALLY wish that i could 1+ this.

sorry but correcting the spelling of "You're" is a cheesy and outdated move. Like someone hasnt posted THAT before Perhaps if he could insult my rant with some original material I would be impressed......but what can ya do?
Maybe you should tell us exactly how much musical knowledge you have.

Go on then; amaze us.
Your flesh means more than you.
No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER
If you're so adamant and confident that you're on the right path with your "unshakeable knowledge of theory", in which you suggest unlocks true creativity, why would you make the other thread in the first place? Surely, you are a master of scales and should have no problems writing music at all.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
If you dont like it here you have two options.
1. GTFO
2. Contribute on subjects we are 'apparently' lacking in.
Quote by Go0ber

LAWL

why does your butt hurt so?
Last edited by BlitzkriegAir at Mar 5, 2012,
Quote by Meta1H3ad
....must...not....feed....the troll!

Not a troll, just someone who is tired of kidiots avoiding discussion about actual THEORY.
Q: What's the difference between Go0ber and Broccoli?

A: Kids eat their GoObers. I mean Bo0gers.

No, spelling doesn't matter at all.

LOL.
If I'm not mistaken, The Beatles admitted to knowing very little if any proper music theory (couldn't give the source on that, heard it years ago from what I remember to be reliable), yet most if not all of their music is considered classic and is consistently listed by current bands as an influence on their own music.

Quit being a theory elitist. Knowing theory simply gives understanding as to WHY things sound good together the way they do (keys, notes, all that jazz). It doesn't take an intimate understanding of theory to just know that something sounds good. Just appreciate music and ignore the people you find so annoying or stupid.
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
Quote by Go0ber
Sorry but I am NOT impressed with this forum or the people in it. It seems that the vast majority of experts here are simply folks who have skimmed through "Music theory for Dummies" and now let it collect dust on their bookshelves so they can talk shit on music theory.

1) Lazy people who dont WANNA learn music theory so they justify their half assed/short cut filled playing by spreading the gospel of "ANTI music theory:"

OR

2) They have read 3/5 of all the "Lessons" on ultimate guitar and somehow they think it justifies a solid foundation for music theory.

No matter which one you are,.......may god have mercy on your soul. You spread filth in these forums slowing the progress of people who have a true desire to learn music.

dude music theory is more pain then help and for proof here is a list of famous guitar players who dont give 2 shits about theory

(1) Jimi Hendrix .

(2) ANGUS YOUNG.

(3) James Hetfield.

(4) Slash.

(5)Dave Mustaine.

they know a few scales but not really anything else and before i get the your wrong comments i got this info from interviews and the jimi one was from a guitar world article rock on \m/
Last edited by Androidjoey at Mar 5, 2012,
Quote by Go0ber

OR

Dude like 1/10 people here talk crap about music theory. Unleasing your nerd rage here isn't going to help so i suggest going to your nearest psychiatrist (if thats how you spell it)
at first i raged. but now i'm just laughing my ass off. this is pretty funny, guys.

that guy that i unloaded on for having a poor attitude in that other thread? yeah, you make him look like a sage.

to the regulars (particularly 20Tigers): THIS is why i don't give anything in-depth anymore. i gave what i think is a pretty holistic explanation, and i get accused of knowing nothing about music by some novice who can't write a song and doesn't understand (with his modal expertise) why his kickass Eb mixolydian solo keeps resolving to Ab.

Quote by darkfire_storm
Quit being a theory elitist.

you think he's a theory elitist? you have to be a hypocrite or among the elite to be an elitist. he might be a hypocrite, i'll give you that much.

i WAS going to report you, dude, but i decided it'd be funnier to let you stick around for a bit longer and see how this plays out.

and yes, guys, this was me being NICE (in case you've ever wondered what it looked like).
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Quote by AeolianWolf
i gave what i think is a pretty holistic explanation, and i get accused of knowing nothing about music by some novice who can't write a song and doesn't understand (with his modal expertise) why his kickass Eb mixolydian solo keeps resolving to Ab.

I didn't even really bother reading his original question but the way you just paraphrased it is hilarious

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Go0ber
Not a troll, just someone who is tired of kidiots avoiding discussion about actual THEORY.

sometimes theory is hard to understand, so some people use different ways to approach the guitar.

you could call these shortcuts, but everyone just has their own way. It might not be as "good" (classic, virtuosic, tried-and-true, academic) as your way of approaching the guitar, but some people just aren't into that side of music.

now cool your pooper and quit belittling us.
"Hey kid. You wanna cigarette?"

"No thanks! I/m already hooked on Fonicks!"

Quote by AeolianWolf
at first i raged. but now i'm just laughing my ass off. this is pretty funny, guys.

that guy that i unloaded on for having a poor attitude in that other thread? yeah, you make him look like a sage.

to the regulars (particularly 20Tigers): THIS is why i don't give anything in-depth anymore. i gave what i think is a pretty holistic explanation, and i get accused of knowing nothing about music by some novice who can't write a song and doesn't understand (with his modal expertise) why his kickass Eb mixolydian solo keeps resolving to Ab.

+1
Quote by AeolianWolf

THIS is why i don't give anything in-depth anymore. i gave what i think is a pretty holistic explanation, and i get accused of knowing nothing about music by some novice who can't write a song and doesn't understand (with his modal expertise) why his kickass Eb mixolydian solo keeps resolving to Ab.

Yup. Pretty much this. Saw the other thread too. I also have gotten tired of nit-picky fights about terminology because I was taught a different system of theory than someone else, but that's a whole other thing.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
OP makes broad generalizations. There are many here with a thorough knowledge of music theory. I am not one of them. Further it seems the knowledgeable among us are rather modest and, let me see, mature.

OP if you don't like UG then GTFO. Simple really.
Smile when you say that.
i'm so glad I didn't miss this
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Go0ber

Yeah man, that sums up one of the posters here exactly, I think his name is Xiaoxi or something.
To be honest op sounds like one of these tossers who think they are all high and mighty and think they are better than everyone else and that the sun shines out of their arse. OP, are you going to prove that you are better than everyone else or just fight from behind your keyboard?
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
he forgot a third type of poster here... the guy who doesn't get the answer he wants, saying his theory knowledge is amazing, and then flies off the handle because of it... oh no, wait, that's goober himself...

the most priceless part of it all is that I think he's not trolling, that he takes himself seriously
Quote by Xiaoxi
The Byzantine scale was useful until the Ottoman scale came around and totally annihilated it.
Quote by griffRG7321
Yeah man, that sums up one of the posters here exactly, I think his name is Xiaoxi or something.

How do i does musix??

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Androidjoey
dude music theory is more pain then help and for proof here is a list of famous guitar players who dont give 2 shits about theory

(1) Jimi Hendrix .

(2) ANGUS YOUNG.

(3) James Hetfield.

(4) Slash.

(5)Dave Mustaine.

they know a few scales but not really anything else and before i get the your wrong comments i got this info from interviews and the jimi one was from a guitar world article rock on \m/

Grats, you've actually managed to come up with something further off-base than the OP. I will tell you that "your wrong", as you would say, but for another reason - listing 5 guitarists as the basis for an enormously sweeping generalization doesn't exactly constitute a coherent argument. This is of course also ignoring the fact that the premise of your post is completely flawed. Do you have any actual reason for not learning theory other than using a few examples in an attempt to justify your laziness without having to actually face it for what it is?

Of course, in my experience, people who end their posts with "\m/" are something of a lost cause.
Page 1 of 2