Could you assign different patches to different outputs? For instance, if I wanted to assign a "crunch" patch to an EL34 poweramp, and a "clean" patch to a 6L6 poweramp, could I?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
^ I finally clicked the link in your sig. That was pleasantly surprising. Liking you on FB

Do you have an opinion on whether or not having a tube poweramp wth something like the Axe, or even something like a POD HD is worth it? Is the difference blatant like it is in the case of a Vypyr vs. a Vypyr Tube? Would doing what I suggested in the OP have expected results (getting a more "authentic" tone)?

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
^ I finally clicked the link in your sig. That was pleasantly surprising. Liking you on FB

Do you have an opinion on whether or not having a tube poweramp wth something like the Axe, or even something like a POD HD is worth it? Is the difference blatant like it is in the case of a Vypyr vs. a Vypyr Tube? Would doing what I suggested in the OP have expected results (getting a more "authentic" tone)?

Thanks for the click.....sites not active atm due to exams, but should b e on full steam soon.

The Vypyr only models the preamp, hence a blatant difference. My Rp also only models the pre, so I did notice a distinct difference when I trying running it into a tube amp (tried direct to a LC15 as well as the FX return of a friends Twin reissue- both cases RP sounded a lot smoother, and the grain in the distortion was finer)

With a POD HD or an Axe or anything with poweramp modelling, its subjective. In the DSP thread, one guy runs an HD500 into a Fender HRD 's FX loop return. He says that on some models, turning off poweramp modelling on the POD and running into the HRD sounds better than going to an FRFR unit, while some others sound best when poweramp modelling is left on, regardless of whether youre going direct or into a tube poweramp. So its a bit of an experimentation thing.

Going that route will be expensive, but worth it if it does the trick for you. That said, the Axe has its own poweramp modelling system.

Keep in mind that the Axe II is a lot more accurate according to users in the DSP thread. MatrixClaw sold his Diezel Herbert for one if a big time gear hound like him likes it, its really a bit of a no brainer.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Mar 5, 2012,
Yeah, for sure, I'm just here to soak up knowledge, as always. I like to know what to do with my money in the rare events that I ever have any money

I get anxious that way - I want to know exactly what I want, so then all I have to do is save up for it.

I love my Vypyr Tube to pieces, but I have issues with the once in a blue moon reliability issues. I'd feel a lot more comfortable with something with 100% flawless reliability. I'm kind of juggling between a Vetta II or a 6505 & POD HD500 for my next setup.

I need at the very least 3 channels. 4+ would be better. But despite my large list of needs, I don't like having a lot of gear. I love my Vypyr because it's just head + Sanpera, and that's it. I don't want to get a rack, because I don't like the way they look, and it's a lot of "stuff".

So yeah, just researching. I have no idea why I just typed all that. Rambling...

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X